[2004] Grüningen first impressions

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

[2004] Grüningen first impressions

Post by Chris Eggers » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:59 am

Hi everybody,

first of all, and above everything else, I would like to thank and give the biggest props to the organizers, especially Jadranko.
They did a great job this year. Everything was well prepared and planned, from the cone judges with their signs to the head-to-head board. The start ramps. the info sheets and prepared entry forms and start numbers in envelopes.
They did listen and they learned from the mistakes in the previous year.
Chris Hart did a great job with the start gates. Nastasia was a great trilingual announcer (or was it 4?).
I had to leave after Sundays thunderstorm which started during my run. I heard that they dried the road with fireblowers (!!!!) but the timing system failed due to the humidity (Paris?)

Too bad that the weather did not cooperate, I don´t know what happened with the results, we will see.

Overall I noticed a big big improvement in the level of the racers, My o my, I am quite sure Lucas throne is shaking in the coming 2 or 3 years. There were many many young and hot and hungry racers who improved a lot over the last year.

One significant change was the course on Sunday, Two years ago it would have been called a super tight by the swiss and 80 % wouldn´t have made it through. This year the Jani S-Camber was the choice of many and you saw a lot of clean runs. Very good.

We are looking forward to next year. Thank you.