[2003][Morro Bay] Who are going?

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

[2003][Morro Bay] Who are going?

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:10 pm

Would be fun to know which Europeans are planning to go over to the US for the Worlds.

Also interesting to know if someone have found any good flight deals.

Rumours goes that Luca will be dragged over with the help of American funds. Maybe we should start an European fund as well to help out.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:14 am

No rumours or news about European participation. :???: I can't believe it.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:26 pm

Paul Price is the only non american registered so far.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:28 pm

Well isn't this topic as interesting as a dead fish. Since I'm fully responsible by starting this topic I feel the need to shake some life into that fish.

Hold on to your hats! I'm going. But let's be honest and say that it's not to pretend that I'm in any way are going to defend the European (or Swedish) slalom scene. Let's face it. I wouldn't be the one for that mission. But for doing a funny little film about the spectacle... that's more like it. And since I'm there it would be a shame not to enter.

I'll be in LA September 23 and heading back Oktober 3. Any info of skate happenings during this period are welcome (apart from the worlds of course).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hans Koraeus on 2003-08-15 10:50 ]</font>

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:46 pm

So what of Max Bimler...surely he can schedule a dental conference the next week and write off the trip. He raced- what's the story?

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:45 am

One step at a time John. First let's see if we can persuade him to come to the European championships in Antibes.

But then again Max is an old school European slalomer. I don't know if the course setting att Morro Bay would be in his favour.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:14 pm

3 Englishmen
1 little Swede

That's the current status. I guess Price is going for the PRO class this time so don't expect any European miracles this time. Or...

Tiny rumours tell that Luca is starting to show some interest in this last minute. He's looking for a sponsor to pay his flight. Any sponsors out there?

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:33 pm

By the way. I was over on the "other forum" to get some info and inspiration for the Morro trip. Since I think that on this site it doesn't "shake" very much. I very seldom go to the "other place" unless for a very specific reason. Sadly enough my good idea turned out to be a bad idea. How much inspiration do YOU get from this...
On 9/1/2003 andrew mercado wrote in from 4.43.xxx.xxx:
can i ask you all a question.........dose it always get this hostile around worlds?.....cos this is classic!!! i hope to see alittle violence up in morro...cos if i dont im gonna be quite disapointed...there is too much aggro going round for there not to be.

andrew
A little bit later...
On 9/1/2003 Jack wrote in from 63.93.xxx.xxx:
I can't believe that I actually had to make that last post. (my comment: Jack had put in a topic before this saying that any use of violence on the competition will get them DQ'ed for all future FCR races) It's moments like this when I wonder if putting on an event like the Worlds is even worth it.

I come home from an incredibly positive event, "Skateboarding Across America - On Board For Lowe Syndrome", take a couple of days off and then dive into preperations for the Worlds, only to find myself making a post about possible violence at the race.

Absolutely amazing.

Maybe we should just forget the whole thing.
Happy holiday! Here I come. :roll:

Paul Price
Pavel Racing Team
Pavel Racing Team

Post by Paul Price » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:53 pm

I am going to Morro Bay, it will be an interesting event I'm sure!

What is the word on Luca attending?

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:38 pm

Seems like he's coming.

We will know for sure in Antibes. Then we will be able to talk to him. Eye to eye.

With my hearting shoulder I think I will skip the cross and have one more day to hope for the pain to go away.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:46 pm

We know for sure now that Luca is going to Morro Bay. He's looking forward to the race and he's ready to adapt to whatever courses there will be whether it's close to the stuff he's used to doing or not.

I start to regret now that I'm not going. For anyone else who can still make a last minute decision, don't hesitate. It was well worth my visit last year. I was very impressed.

Wishing you all a great racing weekend!

Howard Gordon
1953-2010 (RIP)
1953-2010 (RIP)

Post by Howard Gordon » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:38 pm

Claude Regnier and Ed Economy will meet Luca at the airport, and then arrange for him to travel up to San Luis Obispo / Morro Bay once Corky arrives.

Jani - I really wish you were coming. It should be a good event, with Paul Dunn setting the courses for hybrid and tight.