Triple Eight pads

All about safety gear

Moderator: Bill Walker

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Triple Eight pads

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:29 am

I just bought a whole pads suite (helmet, knee and wrist) today. The local skate shop is going out of business and they were 50% off so I picked them up, but I've never heard of them before. Anyone know anything about the company in general?

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:00 pm

Karl, Wes Eastridge knows more about pads than just about anyone. I;m sure he could help you. HE should be home and back online by Monday. Did the shop have any Pro Designed or high end pads? TK

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:45 pm

Actually Wes E crashed at JG's (my neighbor), so we skated around a bit. He thought they pretty good.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:17 pm

Karl, I am actually leery of your Triple Eight brand pads. If the kevlar doesn’t slide, the pads will be yanked down your leg and then you will do a knee slide in the truest sense and that won’t be fun. If you are willing to sew velcro onto the kevlar (I don’t know how simple that is), you can then use recaps. Violin! (or is the word Voila? I get confused sometimes) you will have useable knee pads! Or, if you have a way to make money that is easier than that, you can just buy a pair of the pads that I’ve mentioned.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:43 pm

See Karl, I told you wes is the MASTER of pads. T