Grüningen, what's up

Slalom Skateboarding in Sweden

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:57 pm

I'm in Geneve waiting for Jani and family to pick me up for Grüningen tomorrow. Taking it easy. Don't want to waste energy... and certainly don't want to make a stupid fall...

Maybe go for a loose cruize this evening along the Geneve lake. Right now it's way too hot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hans Koraeus on 2003-06-23 12:10 ]</font>

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:10 pm

This was one of the hottest competitions I can ever remember. And when I say hot I’m talking about temperature. It must have been some kind of record I’m sure. I was constantly trying to avoid the sun, to drink water as much as I could, to just sit down in the shade. But on the Sunday evening I was still close to a heat collapse. This was probably because I hadn’t been able to drink enough during the day.

The hope for a Swedish team didn’t come true. The only Swedes in the end where: Jani in the Pro class and me (Corky) in the Am’s. And already that was better than expected. Jani was not planned to skate at all since he had not been feeling very well the previous 2 whole weeks. We where supposed to be in Grüningen already on Friday but we where delayed by lots of traffic. Seems like there was some Tour de France race going on. So there was no practice for us on Friday as we had hoped.

Finally on Saturday Jani decided to have a try and it couldn’t have started worse for him. On his first run down the course there where suddenly 3 cone judges running out in front of him. With that many persons it was too risky to try and do any panic turns. He had just the time to put down his foot and… bang! This didn’t stop him from entering the special slalom but on Sunday he couldn’t almost move his arm so no GS for him.

So what about the results. Well for Jani it couldn’t have been better. He went all the way to the final where finally Luca was too much for him. But he had no easy way through the head to head. Each step was so close that you never knew if he was to make it or not. But he had the margins on his side this day. You never know where you have Jani. With his experience even Luca can’t feel safe. For myself (Corky) I think I could have done better but I guess that’s what you always feel. The amateur special slalom had a lot of semi pros entering. I didn’t do well in the head to head and got a final 10:th place. The GS was better and I should have been second if I skated normally but I messed it up and finally got third.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hans Koraeus on 2003-07-01 12:44 ]</font>

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:06 pm

Being second to Luca is like winning first prize. You've come to the top.

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:23 pm

Great job! I didn't plan to go to Gruningen and that was lucky since I managed to get a cold during last wednesdaysrace and have spent most time in bed lately... Thought that Peter Klang was going to the competition, after all he did race last wednesday, perhaps he got sick as well...

Anyway, when and where is the next race!!! :smile:

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:05 pm

For next race in Köln see new topic in the Swedish forum.