Swedes at the worlds 2004

Slalom Skateboarding in Sweden

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Swedes at the worlds 2004

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:00 pm

Finally two Swedes got their acts together and went to the World Championships in Morro Bay. Peter Klang and Marcus Seyffarth. First day of racing will be interesting. Will they have been able to keep their summer form. Due to all the rain in Sweden recently it has been hard to keep up the motivation. The Worlds are really late this year. The Super-G are not really their thing and a perfect warm-up. Nothing expected of them. I'm just crossing my fingers that they stay "on board". For the Cyber later on in the day maybe will be their best chance for a good result. I'm already eagerly waiting for some news.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:50 pm

Some drops of info has leaked out but not much. Top 4 in Super-G inofficially Jason Mitchell, Tay Hunt, Barret Deck, Kenny Mollica. No info for the Swedes yet. Don't hold your breath though.

For cyber it seems that Marcus made it into top 10. A 10:th place in the end I think. That is ok but I think he had expected to do better. It is hard to tell anything else without seeing the times people made. Peter was going strong before leaving Stockholm and was even having times slightly better than Marcus. Hopefully Peter was not one of those bailing out in the Super-G. Seems there was a couple of crashes. Peter has had a tendency of going down latley...

Michael Dong managed to take on the favorite pressure and took first. Richy Carrasco took a surprising second place. I didn't think that cyber would be his thing. Shame on me. Fame on him. Chris Chaput a revenging 3:rd for not making the top 4 in the Super-G. Steve Olson 6:th. Never count Olson out. Strobel a soft 9:th. Don't know how much he has done cyber and if this is a good or bad result for him.

Oha, oha, oha, uuh! Tell me more, tell me more...

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:05 am

Just called Dan. It was right before the Semi finals. He was busy with his computer thing so I just listened in to the Semi's and Finals live through the phone. Great :-) .

No luck for the Swedes today either. Heard that Marcus was 17:th or something (Special slalom at Pacific Street). Strobel 15:th or something. Heard no result for Peter. Gary Fluitt took it home in the final against Michael Dong. 3:rd place to Mollica against Chris Barker.

Dan was really tired. Another long day in front of the computer. Yesterday was worse though with 2 events. Hard work from 7 in the morning until 10:30 in the night. I hope they pay him well.

He also told me an interesting thing from yesterdays Super G. Seems like Maurus Strobel was way ahead in the beginning before the wind started to play tricks with everybody and it became more a thing of getting lucky with the wind or not.

It's a very high class field over there and no easy task getting into the top 10 it seems. But then again, what other to expect. It's the World Championships.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:15 am

Yes, yes, yes! The cyber results leaking out before was not very correct. At least for place 4 to 10. And Marcus was not 10. He was 4!!! That's more like it. Only 5 hundreds of a second from $460. Don't know what happened with Peter yet. Maybe he DQ'd the qualification. I know he has done same times as Marcus recently. Here are the top 10 with times anyway.

Cyber Top 10:
1. Michael Dong… 8.112 seconds ($2150)
2. Richy Carrasco… 8.608 ($690)
3. Chris Chaput… 8.752 ($460)
4. Marcus Seyffarth…8.800 (Pro-Designed pad set)
5. Mike Maysey… 8.848
6. Steve Olson… 8.960
7. Tay Hunt… 8.976
8. Maurus Strobel… 8.976
9. Jason Mitchell… 9.008
10. Gary Fluitt… 9.104

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:53 am

congratulation goes to Marcus ! ;-)

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:36 pm

Well, well, well
No shadow on Chris, he was fast, but the 8,752 was actually the Brown Bombers time in his fourth run I believe.

Marcus Seyffarth

I aint sayin nuthin

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:46 pm

A cyberslalom course in 9 seconds gives an average speed of 5,9m/s ((174feet*0.305)/9). This means you travel 6mm or 1/4 of an inch per 1/1000 sec.

2 questions for you:

1) what are the odds that 3 persons out of 15 that run a cyberslalom course under 10 seconds happen to get the same time down to 1/1000 of a second?

2) what are the odds for 1 person to have three consecutive runs to the same 1/1000 of a second?

This is what happened at the worlds. Not enough granular timing or a bunch of robot skaters you tell me.