Winter Tuesday races

Slalom Skateboarding in Sweden

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Winter Tuesday races

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:07 pm

You might think that the season in Sweden was over and all slalom boards were thrown into the closet. But no. Not in Stockholm at least. The summer Wednesday races has come to an end just to start up the new winter Tuesday races instead. Seems like they have found a garage to skate in. They are doing the cyberslalom a lot to be able to measure their progress. I have a feeling we will see more Swedes on the "European tour" next year. According to rumours they are already planning trips and stuff.

This is no good news for a lonely slalomer in the south of Sweden with no possibility for winter training. Luckily though me and my girlfriend will move up to Stockholm in February. That was the only logical thing to do not to let them guys get too far ahead of me. He, he, just kidding. There are other factors involved also. I promise.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:55 pm

I have now made my first Tuesday race with the slalomers in Stockholm. And my first cyberslalom. I brought along a big cake. My plan was to make them eat a lot of cake so they would get all stuffed up and by that slow them down a little. My plan had no success though. People skated first and had the cake afterwards. The garage is very good even though it is a bit dusty. Perfect surface. Marcus Seyffarth and Peter Klang was in a class of themselves doing times under 9.00. My best time of the evening was 9.56 which I was very pleased with. It will take a couple of weeks to get my body going full speed.

At the end we tried some frog cyber slalom (the French version with 40 cones). I did ok up until 25 cones then I started spreading cones. Too long for me this early on in the season.

We also invented a viking cyber slalom (3 cones with timer ended between 1 and second cone). This is a good test to see how good your start is compared with others. You have to make the 3 cones to be able to count your time. It was amazing but not surprising how fast Marcus starts where. We now have it black on white. There is the secret to a good cyber time.

My long term goal will be to come down under 9.00 but I can't see how without some serious workout. Vlad is right about that. It's just so damn boring.