Use Tracker hourglass halves to shim Bennet Khiro Barrels?

Bushings - Pivots - Speed Rings - Traction etc

Moderator: Henry Julier

Dave Kirkpatrick

Use Tracker hourglass halves to shim Bennet Khiro Barrels?

Post by Dave Kirkpatrick » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:31 am

Science projects rule!

I just cut an hourglass bushing in half, and discovered that it, with a khiro barrel, are the same height as my stock Bennett bottom. (without the bottom washer if we're splitting hairs as well as bushings.)

I used a hacksaw and drew it carefully through the bottom of the V, went around in a circle, then deeper and deeper. It wasn't all that fast or easy - maybe a vise to hold the saw, and work gloves? Squeezing the bushing made it harder. You'll have hands very close to the blade, don't cut your thumb off...

Anyhoo. 10 minutes later, voilla!, two decent spacers that even have some squeeze to them. I'll try holding the cut edge to the palm sander to see if it's going to be easy to shape some more.

I heard someone say Krazy Glue washers and bushing stacks together...

I haven't tried it yet, but will tomorrow. If you try it, let me know what you think.

Anyway, it's something to do with that baggie full of "new" tracker bushings, maybe on a rainy day.
What could POSSIBLY go wrong??

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:06 pm

Nice!

Well done
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Can't wait to see what you look like with bushings super-glued to your fingers.
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Dave Kirkpatrick

Post by Dave Kirkpatrick » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:39 am

Rick Floyd wrote:Can't wait to see what you look like with bushings super-glued to your fingers.
Ha, you wish! I make my lackeys do the dangerous stuff. Of course I might need a bit of one to make a prosthetic thumb... another story.

Ryan cut them even faster with a shallow score around cut with the hacksaw, followed by the utility new/sharp knife (he still has 2 working thumbs.)

Rough sandpaper works fine for shaping, I bet you guys knew that!

Now we have black and white hourglass halves, no krazy glue involved yet, haven't skated them... outdoors that is.

Wish us wuck.
What could POSSIBLY go wrong??