Pan Head bolt search

Bushings - Pivots - Speed Rings - Traction etc

Moderator: Henry Julier

Erin Riffel
Erin
Erin

Pan Head bolt search

Post by Erin Riffel » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:25 pm

It has not been easy to find anything over 1 1/2 inches in the 10-32 pan head machine bolts for slalom truck mounting here in Vancouver. Home Depot carries them up to 1 1/2 inches and then does have some in 2 and 2 1/2 inches but they come in boxes of 100! Rona basically doesn't have any at all. Any leads on place in Vancouver or on line shops in Canada that might carry the appropriate hardware for wedging slalom trucks?

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:59 pm

Erin,

If you have a Lowe's they carry 3" 10-32 bolts. I buy these and then take a hacksaw and cut them to length. It's not that difficult:

1. Screw the nut (preferably two or three) high up on the bolt.
2. Mark where you want your cut and then whack it off with a hacksaw.
3. File the burrs off the bolt.
4. Screw off the nuts and this will repair any slight damage to the threads.

VOILA! A bolt that is exactly the length I need for the rubber grommet on top of the board (for foam core boards) the riser, truck base plate and nylon lock nut. Also, I go ahead and slip in a lock washer between the lock nut and the truck base plate. This acts as an additional "spring" to keep the whole thing tight if there's any compression at all in the foam core/rubber angle pad or any other component.

I can't stand loose hardware. It leads to that irritating rattling hum that just won't go away.

Paul Pellerin

Post by Paul Pellerin » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:01 am

Erin,

Khiro sells a box of various lenght bolts order direct or from Skatekings.com