Which griptape?

Bushings - Pivots - Speed Rings - Traction etc

Moderator: Henry Julier

Sven Lippert

Which griptape?

Post by Sven Lippert » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:09 pm

hello to the rest,

i am looking for a better traction for my forefoot without using a foot-blocker. read about the psitolgrip and about to order some foot -DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ???
would be great to get reply - thanks in advance and cheers from berlin

sven lippert

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:58 pm

You can buy industrial sandpaper for sanding floors. Something around 80-50 grit woudl do teh job. Use Contact cement to adhere it.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

BARB'S SANDPAPER ON EBAY

Post by Steve Collins » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:42 pm

...not that I know anything but I use Barb's self-adhesive sandpaper exclusively and it totally rocks. The price is right too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4125520153
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4125520065

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:29 am

A couple of weeks ago I rode JG's Roe, according to Steve Michael, the one he used to win Breck, it had some of that 50grit Barbkat griptape, it sticks big time.

9" x 33" for $1.05 USD off of eBay.

I bought four sheets...

Sven Lippert

Post by Sven Lippert » Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:22 pm

thanks a lot for all the suggestions - i think the industrial sandpaper solution will be the one for me - chris eggers from germany gave me the same idea - it must be right - whatever ...

cheers from berlin-germany

sven

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:06 pm

soso sven

just follow my orders and you will be well off............haha

chris

Sven Lippert

hey chris

Post by Sven Lippert » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:05 pm

ok chris, but it`s always good to hear a second opinion but it all goes in the same direction. did you always belive what your parents said ;-) without asking a another buddy .....
cool and have a nice weekend

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:11 pm

Hav a nice wekend too, I am not your Dad!

:-))

Sven Lippert

Post by Sven Lippert » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:15 am

...for shure not - but it one day you will feel like one and these are great moments
;-)

Eric Brammer

OW tape

Post by Eric Brammer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:50 am

I have an S-Camber that formerly belonged to Micheal Dong. He put 50-Grit floor-sanding-paper on it, which is burly enough to be felt thru my Vans. Awesome board, much fun, and I've had it set-up pretty nicely, until a week before The Farm. Being a nice guy, I loaned my RTX's out to Rick, and put a steeper wedge + old-style Fultracker up on the nose of the S-camber. Cool, still turned sharp and quick, but the footstop now is just a bit (5mm) ahead of the front axle. Also, if I cranked a turn too deep, my front wheels could rub.
Man, I set myself up...
So, I'm cruising at dusk (work 2nd shift now) during lunch break, easy hill, just some pumping turns. I turn in just past my car, and into a vacant industrial lot to slow down. I hit some unseen loose sand, overturned, snagged some front-end wheelbite, Going Down Quick, I lift my front foot, hoping to land on the kneepads. My toeblock snags, the board kicks forward, back knee touches down fine 9on pad), front leg lands on this BURLY griptape along the side of my calf. Un-real skin shreddage... Had to put two 4"x4" guaze pads on this scuffer, and limp back to work for another 3 hours. It's healed up nicely now (though I'm missing some freckles on that leg), but Itches like blazes. :-(

Lesson here; Don't get too aggressive with the griptape, or, don't ride unfamiliar roads at sunset... Whichever...
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"