Toe Block

Bushings - Pivots - Speed Rings - Traction etc

Moderator: Henry Julier

Gary Fluitt
asphaltplayground.com
asphaltplayground.com

Toe Block

Post by Gary Fluitt » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:01 am

The TNR toe block is sweet. Very adjustable, clean, sano. I think they're $45. I'm going to get a couple, but in the meantime I made a couple of pretty effective adjustable toe blocks out of a two electrical conduit blocks and a 6" legnth of welding stock.
I've only seen one guy duplicate this idea. I think it's because it looks really crappy and it rattles a little bit and I look sort of ramshackle. But for $3 it'll prove to you that a toe block REALLY helps, especially in the tight stuff.
I'll post a couple of picks when I get my camera back from the shop.

Gareth Roe
RoeRacing Team Captain
RoeRacing Team Captain

Fluitt's Toe Stop!

Post by Gareth Roe » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:08 am

Gary-
Here ya go. It ain't pretty... but it works! Dan Hughes, here in Seattle has one just like it on his BottleRocket as well.

The nice thing about the TnR foot stop is that you will never get hung up on it trying to get your foot off of the board. While your foot is planted firmly on the nose and up against the TnR stop, you feel like you are locked in as if you had bindings. Need to adjust your foot mid-run??? Easy, just slide it around a little - no problem. And, as Gary said, they are super adjustable and can be moved fore or aft with a simple hex-key adjustment.

Once you try one, it feels very weird to ride without it on your board.
Later-
G

Nick Krest

Post by Nick Krest » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:32 am