TS and Video games 'Welcome to the next level'

Cones and Placement

Moderator: Pat Chewning

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

TS and Video games 'Welcome to the next level'

Post by John Gilmour » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:14 am

So it occured to me that there is a sort of natural progression to TS courses and difficulty levels and so forth.

If I were to post 5- 10 "canned courses" for people to work on in a logical progression in terms of speed, technical difficulty, and body english people would have a better idea of where to begin and a simple "incremental way" to hone their skills. We would see TS talent develop very quickly along these lines.

Anyone interested in a few canned courses?

ur13

Post by ur13 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:27 pm

go nuts john, post them. You know how much I dig your tight courses. More people can experience a gilmour course this way.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:57 am

John Gilmour wrote:Anyone interested in a few canned courses?
Hey John,

Great to finally meet you after so many years and what a fitting place, Avila and Morro...

Gareth posted a Excel format "canned" course, I know you are an Apple fan, if it is possible, Excel, if not, simple data entry is cool too.

I have begun building a kit including a measuring wheel, chalk string, angle, steel tape. I watched GBJ set a course and briefly discussed this with him.

I do oK at setting courses walking backward, plopping down cones. John Ravitch ran a hybrid of mine with some compliments...

I would value your coaching, surely others here may as well. Your efforts are appreciated.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:35 pm

John Gilmour wrote:If I were to post 5- 10 "canned courses" for people to work on in a logical progression in terms of speed, technical difficulty, and body english
Anyone interested in a few canned courses?
John,
Yes! Post all 10! :smile:

And if you are unable to do them up with some sort of Paint/Draw computer program. Maybe someone here that can, will redo them for you if you can email or fax them to whoever is good with such a program, and could make them very web friendly. And once they were posted here you could give some good coaching. This would be great!

Is there any place at all on the web that explains slalom skateboard courses in detail? If not, this would be a good place for it.

Thanks,
Glenn