EttSexEtt Timer

Timing System

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:30 pm

After developing a timing system to use at our own races last year we felt that this could be used easily by others as well. So the dark winter months have been spent upgrading the timing system to a more complete product that consists of a single lane timing system, a dual or parallel timing system and a speed trap. It's all run on a PC. The reason for that is that most people have a laptop, or knows someone that they can borrow it from and this way lots of people can get a timing system easily.

Features are:
-Single lane race, or single lane qualify before a dual event.
-Sort standings by fastest time or best total time in two races.
-Standings display: name, best time, second best time, total time of two races and last time.
-Save race to database or file, so that you can resume a race later in case of rain or so.
-Show time/standings on other monitor either another computer connected by a network cable or ALGE timing display (track and field arena type of display).
-Create lists of results with name/times/points to HTML pages with a single push of a button. This page can then be printed to paper.

Parallel features are much the same as single lane, but there is a start button with the classic beeps and a false start detector. Also there is a automaticly filled race bracket where the winner moves on. Load a race from single lane qualify and the no 1 from the qualify will be set up to meet no 16, 2 vs 15 and so on.

Finally there is a speedtrap so that heats of up to 6 can pass through and get their speeds measured. The System uses tapeswithes as input, but can be used with pretty much any input device if you already have these.

We are still developing this, but think we have come a long way, for now it's only featured a 16 rider bracket, but 8 and 32 will soon be added.

Please feel free to download a demo version that takes no input from start/goal but has a start and a stop button added to the window so that you can get a feel for the system. The demo can be downloaded at:
<a href:="http://www.ettsexett.com/Timer/EttSexEt ... mer.zip</a>

In the zip file there is a manual and some demo files.

Try it and see if you like it!

Daniel Poweleit

Post by Daniel Poweleit » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:06 am

I have tested your SOftwaretimer.
Looks nice and comfortable.

Whats the price for a complete set including trigger and cable? And where is it available from?

I come from germany and I am searching for a timing system.

Daniel

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:02 pm

It seems that our ISP had some problems the other day so the server where you download the software was down. If you experienced problems downloading, please try again.

About the pricing, it's the connectors that are the expensive part, so if you have these or if you consider single or dual versions there is a pretty big difference.

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:59 pm

I just gotta tell you this... Yesterday it was sunny, warm and wednesday in Stockholm. The 161 (EttSexEtt) crew did the ordinary wednesday race with free entry, as many races as you wish to do (single lane).

Best of all the spectators could watch each racers time live on a spectator timing board (6 digits 10 inch tall each). After each racer finishes first the time for this race is displayed, then if s/he is in top ten the position the summed time of the two best races is showed. People loved it!!! Everybody talked about times/placing and what was needed to advance - racing, people passing through stopped and watched for an half hour or so and then went on with a smile. When the race was over, we picked up the laptop pressed the 'create html' button and saved the file on the website -bam- the result of the race is official. It's so easy to handle and virtually everyone with a (windows based)laptop can use it. And its only 50€ away if you have the tapeswitches and cables... We simply love it! Unfortunately we don't have any pics of the race with the timing board up yet, but check out the website for the results... http://www.ettsexett.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marcus Seyffarth on 2003-06-26 18:01 ]</font>

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:07 am

Really cool Marcus. Just what I want for Christmas.

Tell us more about the "spectator timing board". Where do you find that and what are the costs?

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:00 pm

This is the timing board that I'm talking about
<a href="http://www.alge-timing.de/produkte/gaz4.htm">ALGE monitor</a> The site is in german, I don't have a clue what is says and I don't know what they cost. We have borrowed ours from a the friendly people at Djurgårdens alpine skiing club. I have no idea what it costs, probably too much. I'll post some pictures as soon as I have any...

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:13 am

WOW!

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:59 am

I know it took forever to get a losy video up, but here it is, showing a run at our last wednesday race... <a href="http://www.ettsexett.com/filmer/onsdag23juli.MPG">right click and choose download</a> sometimes the webhotel is slow... enjoy!