Is it possible to record raw times on DQ runs?

Timing System

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Is it possible to record raw times on DQ runs?

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:35 am

I was just wondering if it is possible when a racer finishes the course but DQs on cones to record that raw time even if it still goes offically as a DQ.

Some of these final rounds are close and when you lose the race just because of that one extra cone it's nice to see how close the race was.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:53 am

I don't see that as a problem. We normally note the time anyway, but in the end it's removed from the spreadsheet after the Red sign has been confirmed. But as it looks now we can't have both time + cone count and a DQ indicator in Dan's spreadsheets, so it'll have to be kept on paper. Keeping the time and a cone count (if possible) might also be a good idea if there's a protest.

I'd say we could encourage race organsers to do this job, just for the pleasure of those who DQ, but maybe it shouldn't be mandatory.

/Jani

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Raw times vs DQ

Post by Pat Chewning » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:28 am

It is certainly possible to do this.

However, one of the most popular timing-recording spreadsheets (Dan Gessmer's) is currently set up to record a DQ by typing in "DQ" in the raw-time field. If this spreadsheet were to be altered to include a "DQ" column with a simple "DQ" entered there instead of the raw time, that would do the trick.

-- Pat