Germany - Indiana & Kaliber ramps

Starting Line (Ramp)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Henry Hester

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Germany - Indiana & Kaliber ramps

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:31 pm

These are the ramps used for the Open German Championships 2003. They was among the best ramps I've ever ridden. The height was 1.50 m.

On this picture you can see how long the platform was. This is important as it allows even tall skaters to stretch out their arms fully. It's also vital when longer boards are used. Also notice the little stoppers on three sides of the ramp to avoid the board falling off.

As an extra precaution they had added heavy weights to the front bottom section, but that wasn't really necessary as the ramps were long and heavy enough.

The bottom section was really nice. Could probably have been sligtly shorter once down on the ground.

Stairs to get up on the ramp. Requires climbing, but still better than most other ramps. The only thing that would be better would be real steps.

Sponsored by Indiana & Kaliber skateboards.
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:58 pm

Just another update...

Thank you for this 'magic' update ! - the CD-ROM is on the way...

Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jani Soderhall on 2003-08-17 12:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joachim Leonhardt on 2003-08-17 16:18 ]</font>

Brady Mitchell

Post by Brady Mitchell » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:40 am

Great pics Jani and Joachim !!
I like the simplicity of design. Is that plywood that makes up the curvature of the transition? What is the top surface made of?

I`m thinking of borrowing this design and using pressure treated wood, and maybe Skatelite for the top. Then all I need is a trailer to hold 2 ramps and they can be stored outside.

Thanks again guys!

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:31 am

Sorry, I do not know how they did it.
But I know that they were built by

http://www.kaliber.org

Please post the answer.