Flashbacks or stingers

Abec 11 Skateboard Wheels

Moderator: Chris Chaput

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:13 pm

i chenged my 77a stingers on my response and i put some 75a flashbacks, of course it feels a little heavier but also faster, havent checked my times with this new setup, so far i like it.

have anybody tried this setup?

leo
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:53 am

How is the traction on the flasbacks? I was thinking about using them on a longboard slalom setup. I don't want too much traction so I can slide, but enough to keep me up when running cones.

Brain

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:46 pm

In one word: superb. ask the winners at morro, they used flashbacks all around.

leo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Moderator on 2002-10-24 10:00 ]</font>

George Gould
AZ G.R.S.
AZ G.R.S.

Post by George Gould » Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:00 pm

flashbacks are awesome. first they have a straight inner side. that gives the truck a wider feeling because the center is not inboard. second they feel predictable to me. i know when they are going to slide. try mixing them with Avalons, your board will fell different at first. Avalons up front, Flashbacks rear...wow! every skater should try Flashbacks for general all around wheel. and i havent even got into "lathing/shaping" them yet.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:31 pm

I recently returned from the ST louis 100 cone race I believe the top 5 or 6 racers were riding Flashbacks. Time for me to get myself some more green wheels,had a set of 75 flashbacks very slow but nice grip. Will try a harder duro. Eddy TEXAS OUTLAW

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:24 am

Just recieved my 92-88s Flashbacks. Will ride them in the morning. I have a feeling they are going to be fast. Must go faster. Eddy Texas Outlaw

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:52 am

I have been experimenting with the Abec 11 Flashbacks using different duros. 92-88s,88-84s one thing I have noticed is that I can control a slide alot easier on these wheels. Very predictable wheels. After watching the Florida crew and the ST Louis crew tear it up with these wheels the evidence is quite convincing. I think there is room for Abecs and 3dm in my wheel arsonal. Abec 11 provided me with great serve. Thank You CC and Brent. Eddy Texas Outlaw.