cut down No Skoolz

Abec 11 Skateboard Wheels

Moderator: Chris Chaput

Brady Mitchell

cut down No Skoolz

Post by Brady Mitchell » Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:26 am

Gareth,
Any chance of offering those cut downs to the public? Y`know, like McCree and the 3dms?

I`d be interested in 65mm`s in 81a and 84a

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Me too

Post by Tod Oles » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:05 am

I'll second the motion for Brady.

Isn't this what racers are looking for, just enough width that will support a given riders weight so as not to over compress the contact patch in a given duro that suits the surface? Hell, I'll try a few sets.

Gareth, Have you tried reshaping the taper from bearing seat to outer lip?
Kind of like making a center set Cambria (oops, wrong topic):-)

Just curious? Tod

Gareth Roe
RoeRacing Team Captain
RoeRacing Team Captain

Shaved Down NoSchoolz

Post by Gareth Roe » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:16 am

Guys-
Unfortunately, right now we do not have any plans to shave down any more wheels than what we (RoeRacing team) may need. Sorry, but there is not enough interest in them to do this on a larger scale!

The method we use to cut these wheels down does not allow a taper cut. Besides, these wheels do not need a lip. I run 88a's and 92a's on a regular basis and have no problems with grip.
G-

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

useless rings of urethane... or maybe not....hmm

Post by Tod Oles » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:01 am

Gareth,

Will you divulge your trimming technique? I need something to do this winter. T.O.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:13 am

Call or email Brent @abec11.com. He can put them on Chris’s high speed lathe, where he just uses a sharp new razor knife to quickly trim the wheel. I guess if you had something that could spin the wheel fast you could do it yourself, but hold on to that razor knife real good. Or set it up where there is a good rest for the razor knife so it does not get away from you.

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

simplicity

Post by Dave Gale » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:17 pm

another West Virginia "shade tree" solution is to put your wheel on an unmounted truck and either put it in a vice or hand hold it and break out the "belt sander" apply the sander to an edge and SAND away!!! It works very quickly (depending on grit) and the outcome is great!! I've done dozens like this and can do a set in under 5 minutes now!! Experiment on an old wheel first... You can even "reshape the lip fairly accurately this way also It's also important to only do 1 profile at a time!! IE: all out sides first, then all insides, in order for consistency.
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Martin Siegrist
Airflow-Skateboards
Airflow-Skateboards

Post by Martin Siegrist » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:04 pm

Gareth, how wide (mm) are your trimmed NoSkoolz?