Ick Sticks At The Races

Ick Slalom Boards

Moderator: Rick Howell

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Ick Sticks At The Races

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:52 pm

Everyone talks about other brands and it seems Icks get no time online. When I go to races, though, it seems as though an Ick is always in the mix. Report your results HERE. Let's see what's going on with Rick's fabulous little speed machines.

This weekend in Georgia, Rick "66" Stanziale won the Red Clay Cup on his red do-everything Carrera. I don't think Rick rides another board for whatever discipline he's racing.

Brent Kosick out in California is kicking ass on his Carrera at the Pump Station races. Brent is consistently at the top of the running on the big courses. Mike Ohm rode his custom Ick at his first race of the year with the DC Outlaws and got into the finals. If Mike Gorman would give up being a new father long enough to spend some time on a board he'd be kicking Maysey's butt on a regular basis!

Steve Evans is riding more and more coming off an illness and is slowly getting back into his tight groove. He might make it to some local events this year in California, but only time and the doctor will tell. I even hear that another Turner disciple, Tiger Williams, is now sporting one of the Badlands' best exports. Lee Redfearn in Atlanta got a white Mini Carrera this spring and at his first race at Avalon Ridge really charged hard and put in some great times.

As fo me, I'm not wnning anything but it seems my new Red custom Ick is a magic board. I'm getting closer and closer to the podium. I've got top ten finishes now at Pump Station, Texas, St Louis, the DHB May race, The DC Outlaw Reunion Race, the Down Here Retreat Outlaw and this past weekend's Red Clay. I'm not burning down the house, but I'm not embarassing myself like I have the past two years.

Anyway, if you ride an Ick and take it to a race, post here how it goes. I'm not going to say anything one way or the other about another deck, but I do know that results are all the matters with a racing machine. Ick Stick has a 30-year tradition of great results and let's hear about some more!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:50 am

Whadda' ya' know? I get to make the first entry in my own topic.

A certain magical red Ick custom kite board today took first in the tight slalom at the Canada Day Dovercourt Open "B" Class. The course was REALLY tight and cone carnage was everywhere. All I can say is the red Ick didn't DQ as often as some of the other makes and models on the hill.