Why aren't you using the TTC?

3TC, XTC, TTC Skateboard Trucks, custom axles, hangers and baseplates

Moderator: Eric Wallgren

Bob Frias
BoBo
BoBo

Post by Bob Frias » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:00 am

Just wanted to post a quikie here regarding this breakthrough truck.

I'd like to know how others are setting theirs up, what they are using for bushings, that sorta thing.

I currently have mine set up with a negative wedge of about 4 degrees. I'm using Independent red bushings and they are perfect. I like a stiffer bushing than most in the back. At first I went with Doh Doh whites but they were way too hard and I ended up losing traction due to their stiffness. The Indy's seem right for this truck. You have to use the bottom washer from the Indy's though. The stock one is a bit too thick. I have yet to play with the pivot bushing adjustment at all and think I'll leave it as is. The wedging seems to be just right. Not a lot, just right.

BoBo
My amp is warmed up and I'm ready to shred!!!

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:21 am

Hey Bob,

I just ordered one (TTC) for my RoeRacing "Unlimited" on the suggestion from Terence Kirby. I'll wait till I get it before I decide which wedge or bushing set up to complete. When it's all dialed in, I will report back here. (Dialed in)

I've had a couple of sets of Independant Offsets and they just don't do it for me. John Ravitch got one of my sets, he's placed with it in two FCR series races, guess it did the trick for him. (way to go John)

I've wedged small pivot Tracker Fulls on a Response Extremis, like it. A wedged back, flat front hollow axle 110 Seismics on my 2nd Gen Turner Cutaway, I like this feel a lot. I'll be curious how the "Unlimited" feels with the TTC back, slight wedged 110 Seismic front.

Perhaps the TTC will make the grade, I'll let you know, I bought one and it's in the mail now.

----------

I got it, it's good.

Tracker wedge and spacer (hanger width at 110mm), sure grip bushing, and it sticks. I lke it better than the Independant offset.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adam trahan on 2002-09-10 20:38 ]</font>

Howard Gordon
1953-2010 (RIP)
1953-2010 (RIP)

Post by Howard Gordon » Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:30 pm

Bob -

In regard to wedging the TTC, I tried to find a production wedge in the 3-5 degree range without success, so I ended up wedging the TTC 3-4 degrees by cutting an 1/8" riser pad in half and stacking it on the pivot cup side of the baseplate. Lengthening the pivot bolt helped take out some of the oversteer, but the small wedge really helped settle the truck. On my gs/hybrid and fullnose, I now use a single 1/8" riser plus the cut riser in rear, and on my gs/hybrid XL I use two 1/8" pads plus the cut riser. Seems to be a pretty good setup for everything from 6' 70 cones training courses to the steep La Costa GS.

Gary Holl
Roe-Racing
Roe-Racing

Post by Gary Holl » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:05 pm

Regarding the TTc, I too wedge it with your standard urethane wedge to take steering out, I then counter it with a "cell block cruz control". This is riser block that is maybe 2mm thick on one side and the other side is is paper thin. This gives me back maybe 2 degrees or less. I recently removed the cell block and tried my set up to see if I could feel the difference and I could so i reinstalled it.

I also put the new bigger 127mm TTc on my G/S board. The width provides stability and traction.

Bob Frias
BoBo
BoBo

Post by Bob Frias » Sat Aug 31, 2002 3:22 am

Howard, you read my mind.

I'm using "new school" rubber 1/8" risers and cut them in 1/2 as well. I have layered em up like this.

1 complete pad, 3 1/2's stacked. When tightened they squish quite a bit and give me the 3 or 4 degrees I like.

You guys using the stock bushings? I wrecked em right away and went with the Indy reds. I have been messing with the pivot but it only seems to wreak havok on the bushings and doesn't work as well as the wedging does. It was a nice touch though.

Howard Gordon
1953-2010 (RIP)
1953-2010 (RIP)

Post by Howard Gordon » Sat Aug 31, 2002 3:59 am

I've had pretty good luck with the Sure-Grip roller skate cushions for the bottoms, and the most recent version of Tracker white conicals seem to work well for the tops. It's actually Mike Maysey who got me started with the Sure-Grip cushions, and Paul Dunn may be running them as well. Send me an email with your address, and I'll be happy to send a few out (this applies to anyone who's purchased TTC's).

Bob Frias
BoBo
BoBo

Post by Bob Frias » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:54 pm

First I'd like to thank Howard for the Sure Grip cushions he sent.

Now for the review.

Outstanding!

I've been using Indy red's in my TTC's since I got them. I must say that these Sure Grip's are even better. They have more rebound and are just a hair harder. They are beefy too!

I am currently using just one for the bottom with a Bones Hardcore yellow for the top.

I just went out and laid down a TS course of 30 cones with about 6ft spacing and 1ft offsets. I also had one goodly sized hip thrown in for good measure.

My TTC tracked true and never felt like it was going to come around on me. The duro on these is just right. I had used some harder DohDoh's [white] but found I was losing traction with them. I was running the DohDoh's at the Gathering and was sliding out on the tough TS course TK had set. These Sure Grips are perfect.

Thank You HG for sending them. I now have extras if and when I ever beat these up good.

Get em guys!

Howard Gordon
1953-2010 (RIP)
1953-2010 (RIP)

Post by Howard Gordon » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:58 am

Bob -

Which color Sure-grip cushion did you use ? Give or take, the blacks are 86a, the yellows are 89a, and the blues are 93a. They seem to hold up well - I must have 100+ miles of bike path pumping on one of the blues in a TTC, and it doesn't seem to have softened a lot.

Bob Frias
BoBo
BoBo

Post by Bob Frias » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:01 am

I'm using the yellows HG.

I didn't do a tooth check on em so I'm glad you wrote the duros out.

Just so happens I am using the yellows and they seem great.

I'll be giving em all a fair shot soon enough though.

Thanks HG.