swapping baseplates

Tracker Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Buddy Carr

Doug Kadzban

swapping baseplates

Post by Doug Kadzban » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 pm

for TS, how would an RTS hanger work on a dart/sixtrack baseplate, provided i swap out the kingpin with a grade8? the thing i like with the dart plate is the cast-in bushing seat, as opposed to the flat washer that comes on the RTS.

Doug Kadzban

Re: swapping baseplates

Post by Doug Kadzban » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:20 pm

Doug Kadzban wrote:for TS, how would an RTS hanger work on a dart/sixtrack baseplate, provided i swap out the kingpin with a grade8? the thing i like with the dart plate is the cast-in bushing seat, as opposed to the flat washer that comes on the RTS.
also, what is the advantage of having the washer instead of a cast-in bushing seat on RTS trucks?
I like my women like I like my trucks:
TALL, loose, and squeaky!

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:17 pm

Doug Kadzban wrote:also, what is the advantage of having the washer instead of a cast-in bushing seat on RTS trucks?
More tuning possibilites: you can use the big cup washer, different O.D. flat washers, or no washer at all. Combined with different bushing shapes and duros makes for endless tuning fun! :D

Doug Kadzban

Post by Doug Kadzban » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:47 am

Miguel Marco wrote:More tuning possibilites: you can use the big cup washer, different O.D. flat washers, or no washer at all. Combined with different bushing shapes and duros makes for endless tuning fun! :D
oh...wow, that makes sense

i think i swapped out the cupped washer with a flat washer...but, the cupped washer would restrict the bushing a bit, right? and make it a little less turny?
I like my women like I like my trucks:
TALL, loose, and squeaky!