NYLON base plate king pins and stimulator set up

Tracker Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Buddy Carr

Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson

NYLON base plate king pins and stimulator set up

Post by Tim Robinson » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:02 am

I am setting up a Turner cutaway from the late 90's with Tracker fulltracks and nylon base plates. These have very short kingpins and I want to know 2 things , 1 ,what bushing set ups were used by people back then and 2 . can the king pin be replaced in these base plates? I have a set each of NOS yellow mid and green soft stims to play with.
Thanks Tim

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:50 pm

I believe if memory serves me that the kingpins have nylon over the heads on the underside of the baseplate. Also if memory serves me, those baseplates are prone to cracking - at least the 5 or 6 that I had were. I think you'd be better off replacing them with aluminum ones. Unless you're going with a vintage correct thing, then ignore me - like most people do ;)
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson

Nylon base plate king pins and stimulator set up

Post by Tim Robinson » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:48 pm

Yes , your right they have nylon over the heads. It is the vintage correct thing I am looking for. Ur13 (don't know his real name ) raced Turners with this set up. I have sent him a couple of PM's but no reply.

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:42 pm

the trucks are correct...i've got a vid laying around somewhere of Gilmour running those on a cutaway "back in the day".......your stims would be correct....not sure if anybody was running the fatty's top and bottom them....may want to use them for the bottoms but use Tracker t-5 cone bushings for the tops...that'd be correct...if youre jonesin' for them you can get 'em here:
http://oldschoolskates.com/searchresult ... egoryID=31