Superballs!

Tracker Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Buddy Carr

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:41 pm

Comments and reviews. I just got some, and they seem awesome though I haven't really ridden with them yet. Wondering about what everyone else's opinion is!

Henry J

Matthew Wilson

Post by Matthew Wilson » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:20 pm

Hey!! Where are those advertised??

Any pics??

thanks
slalom is good

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:33 pm

Longkskate.com has them i think.

can anyone tell me the differences between the superballs and the stimulators?

also what duro its considered soft on bushings?

leo
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:42 am

Ok. If these are light-blue stiff bushings with sexy-looking goo inside ‘em, they are sh*t. I was gonna say “CRAP” to keep the site clean. But “CRAP” is already reserved for the original white hourglass Tracker bushings. Sorry.
Despite the fact that Jani Soderhal won two Swiss races on those white toilet rubber bushings!

I used the new bushings for about 10-15 minutes with my 139mm RTX/S mounted on my best slalom longboard.
I couldn’t handle them any longer.

Issues:
1. They are too hard for slalom. ANY slalom. Might be good bushings for cruising, but that is not applicable here. Cruisers go to http://www.harleydavidson.com, and I doubt they ever stop by here.
2. When tightened to the appropriate limit, they stop the truck too soon from turning, therefore preventing shorter radius turns from happening.
3. They don’t have any midrange whatsoever! Too turny in the beginning during the turn initiation, rather fast leaning through the turn and then BOOM! – they stop the trucks from turning further no matter how hard one pushes.

I put the cut (see my Planker set-up description in a near future in the “Russian boards” forum) Stimulators back in with the original Tracker top grommets. The difference was like night and day. I just got back home from comparing these bushings, and am typing this still with cold hands. So pardon my slow typing speed.

Stimulators are THE SH*T. For foreigners like myself I translate: they are the bushings to have. Very nice progressive feel, lots of suspension, good rebound. Mix and match durometers, use both for top and bottom, or use conical bushings as tops, and Stimulators as bottoms. As long as the one on top is harder then the bottom one. The original white Tracker cones are OK, although there are better choices.

Who cares about what durometer they are? Why do you need this info? It’s not like with the wheels where you can more or less predict how well they gonna hook and how fast they’ll be based on the durometer and the size.
Get all three and compare. It depends on too many variables to recommend a certain durometer to anyone. I use all three for different purposes/courses/set-ups/boards/truck widths, ect.

If these are NOT the bushings, I’m sorry. I was not told of their name when I got them from Trackers. But I have a feeling I was sh*tting on the right bushings :smile:
For some reason Tracker is very reluctant to bring the good stuff back (Tracker original soft slalom bushings) and would rather release something new, even though it’s a piece of junk (make it two pieces of junk in one pack).

If you choose the bushings based on the looks, get them. If you want performance, get Stimulators.

Just my opinion. You still can have yours.
:smile:
You can read more on my Stimulator/Tracker set-ups in the Russian board forum in a near future.

Vlad.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:30 pm

Ok. I skated most of the night, and I was late for work today, but my hands are warm now so I can quickly type more fresh impressions.
This is not really about the bushings, although without them any truck is just a piece of metal.
If I didn’t like the new 139 mm RTX/S trucks, I’d probably go home before the sunrise. They are very good longboard SLALOM trucks. At times it felt as though they were regular 106 mm size, but with all the added traction and stability of the 14 cm width. Never before I was able to go as fast down a very steep hill making turns. They are very pumper-friendly too.
The only issue is that they are quite tall for longboard trucks, which helps their slalom performance, but takes away from straight-line stability at high speeds.
The goodest set-up (I’ve tried quite a few last night) was: Medium Stimulator bushings with trimmed “wings” and Medium original Tracker conical grommets. The board is zero-flex, 17 cm wide, 30 inches axle-to-axle. I weigh 150 lbs with all the protective gear and a bunch of “happiness” in my pants from skating the steeps.
The notorious Tracker axles appeared to be improved. The wheels sit tightly. Maybe it’s because the threaded part was (finally!) shrank in size, or maybe because of the more precise axle size - I don’t know.
Bottom line - a solid A.
PS. The new bushings still SUCK!

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:41 am

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:42 am

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:49 am

Vlad thank you for the advice on the Tracker Stimulators. I put them on my Turner GS Hybrid. What a difference,I return to center quite quickly. And it is easier to pump the board. I chose a set of 85a green stimulators.