negatively wedged RT-X vs. a non wedged RT-S

Tracker Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Buddy Carr

Nino Almazon

negatively wedged RT-X vs. a non wedged RT-S

Post by Nino Almazon » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:13 am

i wanted to know the traction and turning differences between a negatively wedged RT-X and a non wedged RT-S used as a rear truck. i know the S would be the way to go, but i don't own one so i can't compare.

thanks for any answers.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:54 am

I've tried both the X and S as a back truck, probably wedged as you described.

Somebody can step in and explain the geometry, but neither you nor I will notice much, if any, difference.

Paul Howard

RT-X and RT-S as a back truck

Post by Paul Howard » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:01 pm

Hey, I ride an 8mm axle converted RT-S with a fairly steep detuned wedge in the back which I REALLY like for really tight slalom(4.5 to 5.5 ft center to center) on an 18"wb 8-ply flat stiff deck. I've thought about taking an RT-X 8mm conversion and trying it on the back just to see what it does with the same steep detuned wedge since my TTC's are put on an RT-X baseplate and most of the people I've seen riding the Tracker Offsets on back are riding an offset RT-X rather than an offset RT-S. I had an offset RT-S and I ran it with a flat riser as it was too dead feeling when detuned further with a wedge. If you want more traction but don't want to spend the money or worry about breakage of the weld joints, or possible misalignment of offsets, I recommend at least getting an 8mm axle conversion from Monkeywrench Machine Works, Pocket Pistol, or Asphalt Playground, it's a noticable improvement. If you send trucks to PP or MMW then you might want to buy a new set to send off and keep one set to ride as they do truck conversions in batches to lower costs and there may be a waiting period for the batch to build up enough.Ride hard and have fun, Later- Paul
I just dig slalom!

Nino Almazon

Post by Nino Almazon » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:31 am

thanks for the input. i've lately just been playing around with bushing combos and wedges to compensate. the hard Khiros have worked pretty good with the negative wedge. i'm might steal my friend's S Track when she comes and visits to do some comparasons

i am definately going with a set of Chicken's Indys for my future PP. it'll be a B-day present for myself!

thanks again. and anyone else with more input would be greatly appreciated! peace and shred some urethane!