New Stock Tracker Bushings?

Tracker Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Buddy Carr

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

New Stock Tracker Bushings?

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:42 am

I hate to make a new topic just to ask a question, but nothing in the index quite came close to my inquiry, so what the heck?

Anyway, as I posted elsewhere on this fabulous website, I just got new hardware in today from Longskate.com. I bought two RT-Xs for the front of my two new boards. These are the first Trackers I've bought since about this time last year when I got two sets of RT-X/Ss.

The trucks came with the same stock "hourglass" bushings, but instead of white they are BLACK. Does anyone know if these are a different durometer than the WHITES, or just the same thing in a different hue?

I'm just kind of wondering what to expect before I step on the board. I don't want to get out the wrench and start turning without knowing beforehand what kind of performance to get from something new and different. Or are they the same thing with a different look?

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:57 am

Wes, try this simple test. Using one hand to secure the deck to which the new trucks are mounted. Take the other hand and using the palm braced against the wheel and wrap your four fingers around the rail of the deck...Now Squeeze. Good... Now take an older and more familiar deck and squeeze those trucks too. Now, compare the two side by side. If the new trucks are easier to squeeze turn the king pin nut clockwise. If they are harder, turn the nut counter clockwise. This should give you an idea of how the new black bushing will perform.
You can also lay the deck on a carpeted area and step on it. By flexing the ankles too and fro you will get an indication of turn action. Hope this helps. TK

Troy Smart

Post by Troy Smart » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:04 am

Hey Wes. TK's right!
I have personally tested quite a few bushings using the exact same method!
It works!
A word of caution though. Unfamilier bushings can be tricky, even on carpet.
Do yourself a favor and pad up.
Once while testing a set of Seismic trucks for the first time I took a wicked header into the coffee table.
Those things are springy!
I have an alternate method that I use from time to time also.
I whack the bushings with a hammer.
Another word of caution. Rebound can be a bitch. Wear a helmet while doing this and try not to use a claw hammer.
This is probably the method I enjoy most.
Whacking.
I could whack all day.

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

Post by Ricky Byrd » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:36 pm

Hahaha! You guys!
I like the bite test for pre-determination of a bushings duro. By "pre-determination", I mean before the bushings are installed on the truck. Once the truck has been assembled the bite test becomes more difficult. Then, Yes, of course, TK is on the nose. Troy's method however, has been known to cause blindness, so be careful there.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:57 pm

Well, I've read all of this and come to the conclusion that y'all don't know either.

Thanks anyway.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:06 am

If the bushing sucks anyway, why worry about it? Throw it in the parts drawer, or save it to match a black toilet seat.
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:52 am

WesE telling someone else not to worry over parts.

How rich is that?

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Signed, sealed, delivered...

Post by Wes Eastridge » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:59 am

Thanks, Wesley.<center>Please enjoy this value-added incite.</center>
<center>Image</center>
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!

Rich Stephens

Post by Rich Stephens » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:20 am

I'm a tool junky and so I'm keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a durumeter for measuring wheels and bushings and car tires and whatnot (the 0-100 "a" scale). If I get one, I'll keep track on a web page of any wheels and bushings I get my hands on.

-Rich

Nick Krest

Post by Nick Krest » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:24 am

Black are harder than white. At that's what they Buddy and Linda told me last week. How much harder, I dunno.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:06 am

I remember Wes E back before he won the DC slalom series. He used to be such a nice boy...

False E mail address: Hippityhop [AT] underoos [DOT] net

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:02 am

Terence, if you want to read some of my exceptionally offensive work, check out the recent posts in the “DC Sessions” topic in the DC Forum.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:00 pm

WessE, you have taken on a new persona. The no jive talkin , confrontational, new and improved in your face Wess E. I can dig it.

Terence
False E mail address: Hippityhop [AT] underoos [DOT] net

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:38 pm

from what i have ridden (both white and black) they are the same. i hear the white ones last longer. Tracker still makes both colors.