Got Urethane?

Sesimic Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Daniel Gesmer

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Got Urethane?

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:12 pm

I thought you'd be interested to know what I've been skating on today...

And here it is in close up.

Wait, hold on! It's just a prototype. Don't place your orders just yet. It looks very promising though. I like it.

/Jani

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:18 pm

Finally i see one of those, i remember when the aluminum seismics were announced that one of the new innovations were urethane "springs".

What's the compression rate of this bushings? my guess its that they have to be less than 70A to contract and expand better.

leo
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Which durometer?

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:07 pm

Dan is still working on the durometers but they may not go as low as you expect. It's a combination of durometer, thickness and the way they compress which will give the appropriate hardness. I guess we'll see a range of them so that each skater can find the ones which are right for them. Add to that the variety of the current springs and we'll have quite a selection. Some will prefer urethane in the front, while others might prefer it in the rear, just like some skaters today use a combination of one Seismic truck and one "other" truck. It gives the slalom world yet another toy to play with. Thank's Dan!

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:42 am

I can see the lathers now...
modified
shaved
oiled
slit
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Kevin M. Gamble
Stahlstown, PA
Stahlstown, PA

Seismic Urethane Springs

Post by Kevin M. Gamble » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:34 am

Jani,
Can you give us an idea of your initial impressions of the urethane springs? How do they feel/react compared to the steel springs?

Rich Stephens

Post by Rich Stephens » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:40 pm

Any update on the availability of the urethane bushings? The recommendation chart on the website specs them but they still aren't available yet right. Does a recommendation for "urethane dampening light" mean we should in the meantime just try the "light" in the steel springs? In other words, do the spring formulas correspond equally between the urethane and the springs?

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:05 pm

For sure the urethane springs are not out yet. Dan is still perfecting the design and the various durometers. Don't expect the urethane springs to "correspond" in any way to the springs. There's quite a large variety of springs, there will probably be less choice when it comes to urethane (at least initially). Also the rebound and overall feel of the urethane bushings will be different to the springs. That's the whole idea.
You should probably give it another few months before you can expect to find the urethane bushings in the shops. www.SeismicSkate.com will be updated accordingly.

/Jani