AVAILABLE NOW!

Sesimic Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Daniel Gesmer

Daniel Gesmer
Seismic Skate Sys.
Seismic Skate Sys.

Post by Daniel Gesmer » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:40 am

Seismic 105mm aluminum trucks (6.8" axle)
Stable-Turn 30° geometry
Yellow Extra-Light springs (with revised, fully-progressive rate profile!)
Recommended for: narrow street & downhill boards; rear of tight slalom boards

Seismic 105mm aluminum trucks (6.8" axle)
Quick-Turn 45° geometry
NEW Bright green Super-Light springs (one step softer than yellow Extra-Light!)
Recommended for: narrow longboards; front of tight slalom boards

Seismic 180mm aluminum trucks (9.8" axle)
Stable-Turn 30° geometry
Red Light springs (with revised progressive rate profile!)
Recommended for: wide vert boards; rear of wide pool/park boards; downhill boards

COMING SOON:
- Quick-Turn 180s
- 130s and 155s in both geometries
- New metal coil spring strengths: Bone Max-Light, Bright Green Super-Light, Blue Extra-Heavy, and Black Super-Heavy
- Urethane dampening springs in multiple color-coded strengths
- Completely revised and updated website

All aluminum Seismic trucks feature:
- Both New School and Old School Mounting Holes
- Hangers, springs and hardware compatible with either baseplate (Quick-Turn 45° or Stable-Turn 30°)
- Low-friction hanger bearings from the original early-1990s German supplier
- Bulletproof kingpin fastening with secondary safety clip
- Kingpin shoulder recessed inside baseplate for greater strength

NOTE: The entire Seismic spring system has been reengineered for a larger range of spring compression / hanger articulation. Therefore, springs from composite trucks made before 2003 should NOT be installed in the new aluminum trucks.
Dan Gesmer
Head of Seismic Skate Systems
Email : dan@seismicskate.com
Tel : +1 720-937-8948

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:52 pm

Where are they available?

Estimated time of availabilty for the 130mm models?

Thanks for the update.

adam

P.S. the images do not show up for me, they are hosted by ncdsa and there is a filter in place for me, do the pictures show up for anyone else?

Daniel Gesmer
Seismic Skate Sys.
Seismic Skate Sys.

Post by Daniel Gesmer » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:13 pm

The 130s, 155s and Quick-Turn 180s will be available in late August / early September.

Also available now: Seismic-brand T-shirts, caps and slalom cones!...

The photos in my first post do show up when I view it on my own computer.
Dan Gesmer

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:30 pm

Thanks for the update Dan.

I'm up for a hat, 1 set each of 105's and 130's when available.

I like my old first gen Seismics a whole lot and I look forward to owning the metal versions.

Is there a recomendation where I should purchase them? http://www.solidskate.com and http://www.longskate.com do not have them listed on their inventory at their web sites...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adam trahan on 2003-08-14 16:33 ]</font>

Jeff Bozi
Boziboards
Boziboards

Post by Jeff Bozi » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:44 am

Dan, way cool they are here & coming in. Will you be updating your website to reflect info on new models & info on features,etc?

Cant wait to see them, see ya, Bozi

Daniel Gesmer
Seismic Skate Sys.
Seismic Skate Sys.

Post by Daniel Gesmer » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:10 am

Jeff,

Yes, the Seismic website is now in the process of a major overhaul/update. It will hopefully go online within the next 7 - 10 days.
Dan Gesmer

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:59 pm

Jeff,

Can you do a little self promotion here? If you have a web site or a skateboard supply company, can you give us a little more info with a lean on Seismics since is the topic?

Thanks in advance, I'll take a look if you decide to reply. Perhaps I will purchase from you!

adam

P.S. Remember that I can not "see" certain web sites and do not have the same aspect on who carries what as others may.
On 2003-08-14 22:44, Jeff Bozi wrote:
Dan, way cool they are here & coming in. Will you be updating your website to reflect info on new models & info on features,etc?

Cant wait to see them, see ya, Bozi

Jeff Bozi
Boziboards
Boziboards

Post by Jeff Bozi » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:34 am

Hey Adam, I own http://www.Boziboards.com
I think Ive been one of the few vendors to offer seismiced completes, they worked exellent on the wedgenosed pintail , an have been becoming a favorite with some team members on the Mad Bomber for street & the Bigger of the N.M. ditches.
I accually have just released the new GS36 a couple weeks ago. Its a GS slalom/ctiy campus board. Made to be setup with 130ish mm trucks & Avilas.
I presently sell it complete with 129mm RTXRTS trucks that I have to swap out the short king pin & add decent bushing to so the board ride ready to go for real outta the box, I am dying to try the 135mm seismics on this, I think they wil kick, & be a simplier build for me as well. I like the RTX RTS's, just dont like redoing them to have them work top notch on the completes.
Seismics have always been a favorite on most of my boards, I think the metal line with all the spring options will be a big step up for alot of boards out there.
The metal 180's Dan was nice enough to let me have for the last few months have been killer on my Mad ~BomberII with the Avilas, everoner who has ever set foot on it has gotten off with a huge smile. I run the 35 degree base in the rear & standard on the frt.
Take a look at the site & the GS36 board Adam, I guess I am a bit slalom now :wink:
Thanks, Bozi

Gary Holl
Roe-Racing
Roe-Racing

Post by Gary Holl » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:04 pm

Seismic 105's in the 45degree quick turning and 30 degree stable turning are available at Palo Alto Sport Shop. This is in Palo Alto, Northern California.... visit them online at toyandsport.com.

Gary Holl
Roe-Racing
Roe-Racing

Post by Gary Holl » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:07 pm

I rode the new trucks all weekend...this is it....the real deal....real nice work Dan. If you haven't tried these trucks before you should...if you have tried them before these are improved...the springs feel great...the 45 degree trucks is the best front truck I've ever used and the the stable turning 30 degree provides stability in the rear as well as traction.

Dave Mitchell

Post by Dave Mitchell » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:54 pm

Are there any issues with mounting Avalons on the 105's? From the pictures it is hard to tell if there is enough clearance.

Gary Holl
Roe-Racing
Roe-Racing

Post by Gary Holl » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:46 pm

Dave, I use Avalons and the new 105's and I have no problems. I do always trim the back and front lips of the wheel a little but Its not even close. Dan did a great job of sculpting the hanger to accomodate most wheels.

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:53 am

Gary,
Would you be willing to share any setup tips as a starting point for me to set up a
Roe racing Crossfire w/ the new Seismic 105s (45deg.fnt. 30deg.r) and cambrias. any info on ride height and wedging that might get my 41 yr.old 197 pound body through mostly flat TS courses would be very helpful. Thanks, Tod

Gary Holl
Roe-Racing
Roe-Racing

Post by Gary Holl » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:49 pm

Todd, sure. I would use your standard wedge up front and in the rear.(by standard I mean the urethane wedged risers) Thin sides toward the front of the board. As for the trucks turn the set screws on the front truck all the way out and then turn them both in one and one half turns. On the rear truck do the same except only one turn. As for the wheels if you have harder ones put them up front with the softer in the rear. Always start off real slow, don't push into a course the first time your riding a new board. Make small adjustments to the trucks to dial them in. Don't be afraid to try different settings. Enjoy and skate safe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gary Holl on 2003-08-26 10:53 ]</font>

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:55 am

Gary, Thanks for the prompt reply.
Any future advice you can give all of us new Seismic owners who are stuck out here in "Midwestville" will really be appreciated. Good luck in your racing! Tod

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tod oles on 2003-08-29 20:53 ]</font>

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:10 pm

Finally got a chance to ride these babies last night. Well that’s not entirely true...I mounted them up on my Roe FullRocket last week and took it out to show 13 and he rode it a bit and said "something’s not right" so he checked it out and discovered I had the 45* on the rear and the 30* on the front. I didn't bother to read the label that is clearly printed on the truck. I was just a little excited to ride them. I just assumed the yellow springs went in front. Anyways, once mounted properly, they rock. Rode them last night and they felt better than my old German set. They offer a better turning radius, killer traction and they don't tip. A great bang for the buck. I look forward to trying them again soon on a nice tech TS course. Thanks Dan. Checks in the mail.
" If a man can write a better book, or preach a better sermon, or make a better Slalom Board than his neighbor, even if he builds his house in the woods the world will make a beaten path to his door." Team Fatboy

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:56 pm

I've been riding the new Seismic for about 3 weeks now.

Question: Do you find it nearly impossible to get the spring tension adjustment screws to turn? Mine feel as though they are rusted in place -- extremely difficult to move in either direction.

Other than the lack of good adjustability, they seem to perform very well. I found the 45 deg front truck does not need a forward wedge -- it turns sharp enough already.

If these trucks were easier to adjust, and had 8mm axles then they would be perfect.

-- Pat

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:11 pm

Pat, Mine were a little difficult at first but after tightening and loosing them several times, they adjust quite nicely now. I have the front springs set as loose as possible and the rear set tight. Hope this helps.
" If a man can write a better book, or preach a better sermon, or make a better Slalom Board than his neighbor, even if he builds his house in the woods the world will make a beaten path to his door." Team Fatboy

Daniel Gesmer
Seismic Skate Sys.
Seismic Skate Sys.

Post by Daniel Gesmer » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:35 pm

The spring adjustment screws are supposed to be very easy to turn, but they can be a bit "sticky" on some sets due to a variety of factory tolerance issues. Usually they loosen up after being worked in, as William says. But if yours stay "frozen" then something may be wrong. Feel free to call me to talk about it directly. If all else fails I'll have a look at your trucks and adjust/replace as necessary.
Dan Gesmer

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:28 pm

On 2003-08-26 10:49, Gary Holl wrote:
Todd, sure. I would use your standard wedge up front and in the rear.(by standard I mean the urethane wedged risers) Thin sides toward the front of the board. As for the trucks turn the set screws on the front truck all the way out and then turn them both in one and one half turns. On the rear truck do the same except only one turn. As for the wheels if you have harder ones put them up front with the softer in the rear. Always start off real slow, don't push into a course the first time your riding a new board. Make small adjustments to the trucks to dial them in. Don't be afraid to try different settings. Enjoy and skate safe.
Gary,
Sounds like you are adding steering to the front. Are you adding or subtracting in the rear? Are you wedging or de-wedging the rear? And what do you consider those typical urethane wedges are in degrees?

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:17 am

Glenn,
There's a great pic on Garys'site of a Roeracing Holl 28.25 with a detuned Seismic on the backend.If my daughters protractor is
correct approx. 13deg. of dewedge.
Gary, sure would like to see a side view of the front of the "Holl 28.25"! Also what brand are the wedges? Thanks again, Tod

p.s. Gary thanks for the e-mail toyandsport.com has been great to work with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tod oles on 2003-09-12 18:18 ]</font>

Gary Holl
Roe-Racing
Roe-Racing

Post by Gary Holl » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:25 pm

Hey Tod, I use a standard urethane wedge in the front and in the rear...but I also add a few degrees by adding a "cruz control" wedge in the rear. They don't sell them anymore but they were made by NHS (Santa Cruz skateboards) back in the mid to late 80's...they are paper thin on one end and maybe 5mm on the other. you can see the back truck with the "standard" urethane angled riser and the "cruz control" riser at: http://homepage.mac.com/garyholl go to "gary's sponsor" page and look at the last picture....that is the rear set up on all 3 of my slalom boards.

Glen I'm adding steering in the front and taking out in the back. As for the brand of urethane riser...not sure it doesn't have a name on it.

-g-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gary Holl on 2003-09-16 16:41 ]</font>

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:59 am

On 2003-09-16 15:25, Gary Holl wrote:
Glenn I'm adding steering in the front and taking out in the back.
Gary,
So your making the front more angle than 45 and less angle than 30 in the back? I am assuming that it is the 30 drgree baseplate your talking about here and using in the back, yes?

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:47 pm

I haven't seen Dan officially announce the availability of all the new varieties of the Aluminium line, but for sure they are here now.

European customers of Seismic can contact Dan Gesmer at info@seimicskate.com for immediate delivery from Seismic's EU warehouse in Paris.

I'm setting up a board tonight to try out the new 105's. Exciting!

I'll also bring some to Antibes for those that want to grab a pair.

Gary Holl
Roe-Racing
Roe-Racing

Post by Gary Holl » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:52 pm

Glen, you are 100% correct...45 degree up front with a wedge adding more turn and a 30 degree in the rear taking even more turn out with a wedge.

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:14 pm

Gary,
I've been doing cyberslalom for the last week now with a PS Unlimited w/ siesmics adjusted as you prescribed above and Avalons and have gotten my times down to the low 11 sec range. My 1st question is, would stiffer springs in the rear truck help me accelerate better in the first 1/3 of the course I 've tried tightening the stock yellow ones, but I just seem to lose articulation and feel for the tail. One other question, do Cambrias work w/the new siesmics,any inner wheel hanger interference. I feel I'm progressing quickly on this setup and am wondering if a shorter wheelbase will get me to my goal of low 10s before the snow flies. I'm really amazed at the natural yet very accurate turning these trucks possess. Again thanks for your time, Tod

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tod oles on 2003-10-05 20:52 ]</font>

Gary Holl
Roe-Racing
Roe-Racing

Post by Gary Holl » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:46 pm

Tod,

I tried using red in the back...i weigh 188 lbs and i couldn't get them to work. I use the yellow in the front witht the screws turned in 1/8 of a turn and yellow springs in the back with 1.5-2.5 turns...depending on the course.

I use red springs in the back on my slalomcross-G/s board...I back the set screw all the way out because the red springs seem pretty stiff to me.

Cambrias will work but I found cut down Avalons work better for Cyber slalom... a little slow at the begining of the course but that's when your fighting everything to get going.

Your time is very good! ....we tried cyber slalom for a few days and I know with practice I can get better. You pretty much know after the 3rd or 4th cone what kind of run your going to have. Keep practicing before the snow comes!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gary holl on 2003-10-07 11:28 ]</font>