[Discussion] 2009 World Cup - new series, with points?

International Skateboard Slalom Association

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Jonathan Harms

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

[Discussion] 2009 World Cup - new series, with points?

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:49 am

In another thread Marcus Rietema proposed that all World Cup events earns you points into a World Cup Series, with honour and possibly awards at the end of the season.

To be discussed:
--------------------
- Define the points and calculation method for the World Cup
- Define who does it
- Define where it's published
- Conflict with 1 year ranking score?

What are your thoughts?

/Jani
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stefano Bellingeri
Stefano
Stefano

Post by Stefano Bellingeri » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:04 pm

I agree. It could be intresting. We should point out that WC races have to be at least main status events. Why changing the points nd calculation method from what has been made until now? It has to be made by ISSA and published here. You will avoid any kind of score conflict because you will only define a winner of the WC serie each season. Like with the rookies awards.
What do you think about?
Stefano
Stefano Bellingeri

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:40 pm

I think we'd need to get the current ranking system and website smoothed out and organized a little better first.

What's that mean and why?

It could mean having an ISSA yearly member fee and registration - so we know who is racing, and what their REAL name and contact info is so points can be assigned correctly and more easily, and there is a little extra cash to pay someone to do so. It's too easy now to have errors that are not caught until later and then someone needs to spend MORe time to correct them...happens a lot. Also, when someone's name is entered incorrectly, points don't get assigned correctly - see "Wenztle (Wentzle) Ruml" in the current rankings...he's only listed as having points for three races, possibly because the name is wrong?

The current ranking/results website(s) would need to be finished up and working smoothly so racers, and the public, and any interested press, can track the rankings, individual race results and schedule of events. It should be kept up to date more regulary. I realize this has been a volunteer effort by very hard working people so far, so I'm not criticizing them - just saying what the ideal would be.

In general, I feel that we should have the current system optimized before trying to go to the next step - just a logical progression.

My .02
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:22 pm

With regards to any mistakes in the current ranking, please let Corky know. He's allowing fixes up until Jan 31, then the 2008 ranking will be set (and the correction possibility closed).

/Jani

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:With regards to any mistakes in the current ranking, please let Corky know. He's allowing fixes up until Jan 31, then the 2008 ranking will be set (and the correction possibility closed).

/Jani
Thanks Jani - yeah, we've been in touch and my stuff has been fixed. Corky was very helpful and took care of it quickly. I've alerted Wentzle that his listing is missing some races and gave him Cork's email address.

-RF
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)