"Other" decks, trucks, wheels, gear, ect.

Discussion Forum
Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:25 pm

First off I would like to say "Great Site" and I really hope that it eventually sees a lot of great slalom discussion and growth for Slalom skateboarding.

But my first impression/suggestion would be to add an "Other Decks", "Other Trucks", "Other Wheels", etc. topic groups.
Glenn

Update: Adam, Wow only two days after I posted this here you added "Other Slalom Trucks" and "Other Slalom Boards" to the list of groups. You are very receptive to input about the forum. And yes, Vendor-Centric was my initial impression with no specific area to post about others types. But that in now not the case. Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: glenn on 2002-12-14 10:17 ]</font>

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:10 pm

On 2002-09-04 14:25, Glenn S. wrote:
First off I would like to say "Great Site" and I really hope that it eventually sees a lot of great slalom discussion and growth for Slalom skateboarding.

But my first impression/suggestion would be to add an "Other Decks", "Other Trucks", "Other Wheels", etc. topic groups.

Glenn
Hello Glenn,

Thanks for the compliment. The site has not been "launched" yet and we are in the formulative stage on the inter-active forums. Already we have interesting threads from many different factions in slalom skateboarding. I think it is a pretty good start, we will try to keep up on course.

Yes, you do have a good suggestion and I will make it so.

This is a community site and in no way is a commercial venture. We want to know what is out there in the way of available slalom equipment, we want to even know what is being developed...

Thanks for the suggestion, it is a good one and I will get to it ASAP.

Best Regards.

Gary Hornby
O.C.
O.C.

Post by Gary Hornby » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:06 pm

How about "vintage" race gear and I don't mean wall hanging / collector pretty pieces?

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:37 pm

Yes, this sounds like a good forum.

I too have a love for the racing boards of an era past. My first Turner was from the late 70's and have been riding one ever since along with Santa Cruz "Graphite Loadeds" and a G&S here and there as well. I still love my small pivot Trackers that Shaggy has put the elbow grease into. I also use Hypers, have been for about 8 or 9 years, but this is vintage? Hmm, probably a Henry Hester Road Rider set would be a better bet but Ed Economy got my set along with a couple of my old Turners...

Yes, I like your idea.
On 2002-09-16 11:06, Gary Hornby wrote:
How about "vintage" race gear and I don't mean wall hanging / collector pretty pieces?

Gary Hornby
O.C.
O.C.

Post by Gary Hornby » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:43 am

I think some different classes of gear could be run. something like a looseball wheel class. pre '80 stuff. Even a high performance class (Bruce Brewington has some classic Turners from the 70's) that would qualify. And don't forget the Concours de Elegance! That may bring out collectors and some spectators, which have been lacking at the races.

Rene Carrasco
TEAM CARRASCO
TEAM CARRASCO

Post by Rene Carrasco » Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:38 am

Isn't this posting under category- "other trucks, boards, wheels, ..."

Well,...... I'd like to just mention a hot slalom board out there- the one's made by Dale Smith!

These babies ACCELERATE like a Corvette!

Dale Smiths' craftsmanship of these boards- I believe, make him a "SLEEPING GIANT" in the future of slalom racing!

Just wanted you to know......

..........-Rene' "Flying" Carrasco Brother.
RENE CARRASCO for - SK8KINGS.COM - Abec 11 Wheels - Tracker Trucks - Khiro Skateboard Products - Nitro Racing Bearings - Vans Skate Shoes !