WomensQuals.pdf

OpenElims.pdf

ExpertElims.pdf

WomensElims.pdf

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:31 pm

As a keyboard racer reading the PDF's is still entertaining. I found myself going "arggh!" "oh no" etc. while reading. After knowing the racers You can get an idea of what the course and weather conditions were like as you see the results rankings

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:31 pm

Brady? Is that you? How did you post from Gilmour's account?

:grin:

And what's the beef with Eric Groff? He's a nice guy (maybe not the brightest fellow, but hey....we can't all be Rhodes scholars). Matter of fact, even though Eric Groff turned down my bet on Saturday (I wanted a half second handicap, you know...being a least coast kook and all that, he ended up qualifying 3 seconds ahead of me), I just may go double or nothing in the snake run at Kona.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:55 pm

Maybe next time you should just bet with Dan Geismer to see if he can spell your name correctly? :smile:

Check the .pdf spreadsheets.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:09 pm

WT,

Big deal, I'm a slow least coast kook.....

I did manage to do your buddy Bruce a big favor by booking my return flight during the middle of the Open tight bracket races. Bruce was #33 but I had to leave (as did Bruce when Noah quickly dispatched him on his way to a HAT TRICK!!!! [couldn't have happened to a nicer guy than Noah])

We (those of us residing outside California) did a damn good job of representing all weekend long, let's hope those boys from Colorado don't have a cache of frequent flier miles!!!

Mike Ohm

Post by Mike Ohm » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:24 am

Noah, I just looked at the elimination times. Looks like I has the fastest time of the day against Parsons. I dug deep for him and you are next!

You rip!

Mike McLaren

Post by Mike McLaren » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:51 am

One class seems to have been overlooked as far as results and times, Juniors. Juniors are the future of this sport.
Joe has only been slaloming for a few months and this was his first event he has ever seen more less competed in. To give him a baseline to work from, it would be nice to see the junior times if that is possible.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:01 pm

<a href="http://www.chasestreet.com/rcr/breck.htm">Breck Photos</a>

Mike, pleasure to meet you and your family - Colorado Joe is the future.

Extremely encouraging to see a large number of junior division racers. I can forsee the boys outnumbering the men in the near future!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rick Stanziale on 2003-06-10 07:17 ]</font>

Gary Hornby
O.C.
O.C.

Post by Gary Hornby » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:05 pm

Good to see some ARA racers from days gone by out there.

Pirnack
Pappas
R.Smith
Kosick
Brewington

Kill it boys! Pirnack and Pappas were THE men to beat in the Junior division back in the day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gary Hornby on 2003-06-10 08:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gary Hornby on 2003-06-10 08:08 ]</font>

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:10 pm

Ohm,

If you look at the Open spreadsheets for Sunday carefully, you'll see that your time of 20.437 was the fastest in that half of the round of 16. I ran a 19.794 in that same lane. Noah had a 19.798 in round of 4 and saved the fastest run of the day (19.792) for me in the last race of the day. Those were the only sub-20 times in Open TS.

Good Job Noah. Great attitude at altitude. I've got no problems losing to you, but you were wrong about my shoes, they only had 1 more run in them.

I'll see you in Morro Bay...

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:12 pm

Hey Gary,

I met George and Randy last year at Morro. I never could get in touch with George, but finally met someone at Denver skatepark that gave me a good phone number so I called him about Breck. He passed Dave's number on. Dave was amazed that we have been practicing for almost 2 years out here. He came out a week before the race after 23+ years off and looked real good. He's got one of the best pulls off the ramp I've ever seen. He's on a mission to get back in top form.

By the way, Noah won the Jeff Sandlin Memorial trophy at Breck. Jeff's father was there to present the award. We still miss Jeff. If it wasn't for you getting Jeff and I together, I might not have known about slalom. Thanks for hooking us up in Summer 2001.

Mike Ohm

Post by Mike Ohm » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:01 pm

Chris, thanks for the reality check. I am still gunning for both of you. I don't forget those who beat me. Take care of my boy Geo! Make him fast! See you in Morro Bay.

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:13 pm

If Geo is willing, I'm gonna give him some dance lessons. He just needs to get those hips wiggling a bit more.

Howard Gordon
1953-2010 (RIP)
1953-2010 (RIP)

Post by Howard Gordon » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:38 pm

Mike (Joe's dad) -

It was great to meet the McLaren clan. Joe was right in there with the best junior skaters of 2002 (Dylan and Josh), and we can look forward to more great matchups between Joe, Josh and Dylan.

I don't think we kept track of qualifying times, as we only used them for seeding, and the head-to-head matches were not timed. In any case, a lot of racers and spectators got to watch the kids and ladies run, especially on Sunday, and they saw a great show. Junior racing is ***finally*** now a fixed part of the racing program, and it will only get better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Howard Gordon on 2003-06-10 14:39 ]</font>

Mike McLaren

Post by Mike McLaren » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:25 am

Howard,
Thank you for clarifying that for me. Being so new to all of this, it did not occur to me about the timing.

My wife had a chance to speak to Dylan for a sometime at the pool on Saturday while Joe and Josh were swimming, and was very impressed in how much of a gentlemen he was. We appreciate how receptive you and your family were. It appeared all three boys got along extremely well, and as a family we appreciate the way both you and the Byrd’s welcomed Joe into their circle.