Training methods off the board?

Discussion Forum
Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Tue May 20, 2003 12:20 pm

I am wondering:

does anyone do any specific training for slalom skateboarding?
Do you run, lift weights, do push ups (not bras), swim, stretch or do follow any program that you think of gives you an advantage for your slalom skateboarding activities?

I run 5 miles once or twice a week and stretch every day. Besides that I skate vert once or twice a week, but thats all, if you don´t consider the beer drinking Vlad does a sports activity.
Anyone?

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Tue May 20, 2003 10:51 pm

Besides from 12 oz curls, thumb training on the remote, and fridge walking, I weight lift. lots of squats, lots of dead lifts, weighted trunk rotations, preacher curls, pullups, and lots of stairs.

Brian

Steve Prue
Team Bozi
Team Bozi

Post by Steve Prue » Wed May 21, 2003 7:26 am

hey brain! how's the leg? did re-hab suck?

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Wed May 21, 2003 1:00 pm

Road biking will help for endurance.

... which will help you go faster on the mountain. Going downhill on a trail in mountain biking is all about looking ahead and using your body to get over/around obstacles.

At school I ride 4 days a week (road) at 20 miles + each ride. At home I ride every day, mileage varies on how I feel. As a result I have hardly any body fat!

Mike Cividino

Post by Mike Cividino » Wed May 21, 2003 4:49 pm

Henry...I dont think you could get body fat if you ate nothing but MacDonalds every day. Oh...and calf raises are really good, especially for your back foot because thats where all of your power comes from. Grab some weight and stand on a step and go nuts. I think I need to work on my front leg now because my left calf is WAY bigger and more defined than my right. Guess I should learn to pump switch.

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Thu May 22, 2003 5:52 am

On 2003-05-21 01:26, steve prue wrote:
hey brain! how's the leg? did re-hab suck?
The leg is doing great. I still have to do some streaching before skating. Rehab wasn't too bad, it went by pretty quick.

Brian