Anyone near an IGSA event? Or traveling to one?

Discussion Forum
Steve Pederson
Steve
Steve

Anyone near an IGSA event? Or traveling to one?

Post by Steve Pederson » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 am

Ramón just told me an excellent idea.

The ISSA should come to IGSA events and do Slalom as a fun side event in the evening at the camp site after the road is open again and no one's doing DH runs…Marcus, the president of the IGSA does slalom too…maybe contact him…have a GS demo at MFOS…

http://www.igsaworldcup.com/

Are any slalom racers near an IGSA event? Or willing to travel to one? At the Texas Sizzler a few DH racers tried out slalom and did well. These skaters have good potential for slalom racing. Let's encourage it.

The ISSA front page currently features a photo of a DH racer skating slalom. http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/

Glenn Bukowsky

Post by Glenn Bukowsky » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:29 am

Yeah, Steve, for being so new to the slalom game, Dustin was killin' it at the Siz!
Dylan Greenbaker & Dan Hardick showed skills as well!
We got these DH boys down here stoked & they're already trying to promote cones in the TX DH ranks.
I think Ramon's idea is a stroke of genius and one well worth pursuing!
Vaya con Huevos

Skatin' Tejas since 1975

Erik Basil

Post by Erik Basil » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:43 pm

It's a great idea, and one that's been discussed at some length in the past. The key detail is going to be the need for "ISSA" folks to set, operate and time the course while the IGSA folks are "done for the day", because the IGSA folks aren't actually ever really done for the day and have a lot going on... i.e. too much to expect them to run an "extra" activity.

Re: MFOS, if you can get the staff and committment, I suggest you approach John Ozman very, very soon. Most days there are very full, from early morning until end of day on track near dusk and the facility does "close".
I ride fast boards, slowly.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm putting together my personal event calendar for this year and I just noticed 2 out of 4 announced main events happen on the same date as some IGSA world cups…I would LOVE to attend more slalom races but it seems virtually impossible with all the slalom events being moved to July and August (Before they were May - June - September)

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks