Rookie of the Year sponsor 2009

Discussion Forum
Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Rookie of the Year sponsor 2009

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:20 pm

Rookie of the year sponsors for 2009 needed!

ConeRacing.com kind of invented this award years back to create some excitement around the ISSA World Ranking and for the newbies coming into this sport. The first one coincided with the first issue of Naphte magazine, and we ran a full page ad to promote this award in that very first issue.

ConeRacing usuall gave away USD 300 to the Rookie in the Pro division and cash or skate equipment in the other categories.

I would hope that some other sponsor would take over this event and award prizes to those worthy of the Rookie recognition from now on.

As I'm not part of the ISSA board, I'm just making this announcement to make sure that this need is properly announced and I hope that one or more sponsors are willing to take over this tradition. If you're interested in becoming a sponsor, let the ISSA board members know!

Many thanks to the many rookies that have fought for the top positions over the last years. It has been really exciting to follow your entries into this sport! Now let's recruit some new rookies for the 2009 race season!

/Jani
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:55 am

I will throw 50€ into the pot if it helps younger racers to be more motivated!

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:24 pm

I remember when I first started slalom a couple years ago.
I read about Trish from Utah & all the other winning Rookies.

I was really stoked to be the 2008 Women's Rookie, but it seemed there was virtually no excitement in rookies last year.
I don't remember anything being posted as far as all the winners & points.

Did I miss this somewhere?

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:05 pm

Cat,

It's good to hear that you have enjoyed the Rookie award. And, you're not alone. It's been very appreciated. This year nothing in particular happened, possibly because I didn't push for it, creating topics etc. Corky will publish the results along with the final 2008 ranking but there aint going to be any specific awards this year - just the honour and appreciation of those who have done the best entry into the slalom scene this year.

/Jani

Art Pryde

ROTY Award

Post by Art Pryde » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:19 am

Jani and Corky,
Much thanks for ALL your hard work on creating and maintaining the global slalom ranking system and posting the ROTY with or without a "sponsor".

I'll raise a pint or glass of California Cabernet, Bordeaux/Claret to you!!!...or both in appreciation.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:27 pm

Many thanks Art!

It's a good thing to encourage newbies into this sport and we need them, so let's keep it going! If one sponsor doesn't want to take it on, we need to come up with another idea on how to keep it going. Ideas anyone?

/Jani