Wanted! Skoldberg and Sweeny

Discussion Forum
Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:16 pm

I would like to come in contact with Bob Skoldberg and Martin Sweeny regarding a project I'm working on.

If anyone feels they can share their e-mail address(es) through away a mail to my e-mail address below (the little letter icon).

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:18 pm

I think Henry Hester has Bob's number. For Sweeny ...start checking the pubs :smile:

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:33 pm

Spelling correction: Martin Sweeney

Last know whereabouts: London, UK

Simon Levene
Smokestack

Post by Simon Levene » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:11 pm

Jani,

Sweeney's number will be the same as it was 15 years ago.

He hasn't moved.

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:12 am

Ask Chris Linford about Sweeney, he will know.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:44 am

Was Daniel Ridoli anywhere near the race sight this year? You know, the Swiss guy who placed ahead of Luca in many 1990s comps and didn't like longboard format last year?

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:35 am

Yes, he was there on Saturday. We talked quite a lot. Mostly about old times but also of his current slalom ambitions. He entered a race last year but was disapointed with course layout and how the competition was handled. Since then he haven't got close to a slalom race. He agreed that the course in Grüningen looked very good.

So will he start skating again? Well, maybe. It will depend on family and if he will be able to get his kids (5 & 8 years old) to start slalom skating . If not it will be hard. I guess many "old boys" are in the same situation where family, work and freetime is a hard puzzle to put together. If you can't get your whole family interested it can be hard. Maybe skate competitions should be aimed more and more also for non skating family members in the future. At least a good idea for the bigger ones.

For you guys wanting to get a go on Luca his message was clear. It's not enough just with good slalom technique. Equipment and slalom skill will only take you that far. It will take you some serious workout at the gym as well. According to himself the gym was the reason he finally was able to beat Luca regularly.

P.S. I now have contact info for Martin and Bob.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:09 pm

He agreed that the course in Grüningen looked very good.
That says a lot. Shouddof gone... Now I’m on the verge of committing a suicide.
If you can't get your whole family interested it can be hard. Maybe skate competitions should be aimed more and more also for non skating family members in the future. At least a good idea for the bigger ones.
Seems like beeing in Paris is in itself a family vacation. I know several Americans who plan to go there with their families next year.
For you guys wanting to get a go on Luca his message was clear. It's not enough just with good slalom technique. Equipment and slalom skill will only take you that far. It will take you some serious workout at the gym as well. According to himself the gym was the reason he finally was able to beat Luca regularly.
I knew it as I read old Slalom! issues.

Thanks Corky.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:19 pm

So, the gym is the answer? Is that why many European skaters wore tight shorts in the late 1980s- early&mid 1990s? Is it because they worked out and got huge before they could buy different size clothes?
Look at Ridoli’s legs! They’re huge! I heard Matsukevitch spent more time in the weight room then on the board. Luca’s quads speak for themselves. Click on the black and white photos and get originals for a better resolution.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:26 pm

I never went to the gym, but then again I never wore tights either.

I guess I should go to the gym now, because my body can't really handle the type of skating I try to do. My right arm was so sore after the special slalom race in Gruningen I really couldn't move it until later on the Sunday. Among the old guys it's easy to realize that we're all a little bit older and we've all put on a few kilos. It doesn't seem to be the age that is slowing us down, so better get rid of a kilos in order to increase our speed.