"the dark side of the cone"

Discussion Forum
Eric Groff
Eric Groff
Eric Groff

Post by Eric Groff » Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:46 am

Henry-Dont tell me you fell for the old "I'm Babysitting" trick, the girl is out practicing Frogger as we speak, Dont let us down!!!!!!

Here is some advice for ya!

Breath Deep
Dont let her smack talkin get to ya, She is a pro at it, just hold yer ground!
When she lets you get ahead, take advantage of it and go for the kill, you have to understand, girls will always let guys get a step ahead so they can feel machismo, then they will just drive you into the ground and make you feel like crud.

Attack Attack Attack!!!!!

She looks like a sweet little girl but she plays mean and dirty like a boy, you do the same!

George Gould
AZ G.R.S.
AZ G.R.S.

Post by George Gould » Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:26 am

Henry,don't do it. even if you are in the woods by yourself you are still wrong, you are a guy. we have been losing since Samson went out with that chick Delilah.

Take for instance the man who said marriage is a 50/50 proposition. He was wrong, first he don't understand fractions nor does he understand women.

she'll crush you like rocky did Clubber Lang.
way before your time.

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:02 pm

Hey all,
I WAS babysittin I dont need any practice :smile:. Henry on the other hand....And guess what Henry is such a litte pig is has broken lots of house rules LOL someone needs to teach this kid some manners :smile:. Anyway when I do beat Henry I will make sure to tell you all every detail about my defeat. And about how he crys and says "I got beat by a girl!!!" lol then he will say something like "So much for proving those bets wrong" well YA

~ickchick~

Eric Groff
Eric Groff
Eric Groff

Post by Eric Groff » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:22 pm

Henry-I think yer getting to her with breaking the house rules, one piece of advice though, DONT PEE ON THE TOILET SEAT!! Thats rule #1 that you dont want to break.

When she wants to play Frogger, tell her your to tired, (you dont want to play on her time or terms).

Keep up the good fight my friend!!!!!!

Eric Groff
Eric Groff
Eric Groff

Post by Eric Groff » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:34 am

Well I just got home from meeting the Howells Rick, Carin, Katie and Sarah along with Henry J at Disneylands "Downtown Disney" ESPN Zone.

After losing to my son Nathan in Race cars, Motorcycles and Baseball, All I got to say is I have lost all hope for Henry winning the Frogger game against Sarah!

Sarah-be nice and go easy on Henry!!!!

Henry-Good meeting you! enjoy your new ICK, that thing is Shear Badness!!!!!! Hope I can make it tommorow after Nathans Contest.
You should have my cell# on yer phone. call me around 11am. And please dont embarass all of Malekind to bad in the Frogger Game!

I seen Sarah playing games tonight and the girl is outright talented and ruthless!

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:58 pm

Arab-
Thats why I lost on the 3 oout of the 5 games I played. But thats ok. Thats a whole lot better than Henry huh?? Thanks for the compliment though!

~ickchick~ :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarah Howell on 2003-03-16 12:59 ]</font>

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:29 am

hey all-
Bad news :sad:

I didnt win, i i i i I TIED!!! :roll: can u believe that my playstation broke down at 1 to 1!!! It was a a tie we were on tie breaker then it froze and and AHHHH!!! :eek:
I will post agin if it fixes!! PRAY TO GOD IT DOES!!! But for now... :sad: we are TIED!!!

~ickchick~

:evil: stupid playstation!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarah Howell on 2003-03-16 23:31 ]</font>

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:07 am

Hey all-
Elsinore is coming up...
Who's gonna win it??

~ickchick~
:cool:

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:36 am

Why is everyone so quiet these days. Quiet people are boring and make me sleppy. So you guys wake up tlka smack, so i can have something to do!!!

~ickchick~

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:15 am

smack eh?

well

I was watching Animal Planet, and they had a feature on trained elephants. They had a video of a rather ugly elephant rolling around on a platform with wheels...
Then I realized the rolling platform was a Roe, and the grotesque animal was JOE IACOVELLI!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

;-D
what coast?

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:51 am

Hey all-
So Joes a elephant, what else is new Henry. :lol:,jk, Anyway I have something we can do i just need some help scanning a pictures to the page so if you can help email me, Ickchick@aol.com
Thanks Much
Ickchick

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarah Howell on 2003-04-09 17:52 ]</font>

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:32 am

This forum is sucking bigtime. Someone spice it up.
what coast?

Eric Groff
Eric Groff
Eric Groff

Post by Eric Groff » Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:37 am

Henry-You suck ya KOOK, you'll never be on SSS.

How is the Herr Vaughnster doin? you know that outside of Olson and Myself you are the only person to own a Herr Vaughnster.

Hope the Clinic goes good, Glad you got 1 pro and 2 open bottom feeders to help out teach.

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:08 am

Hey man, the HV is doin fine, I ride it a lot. I feel special knowing I am the skinniest person on a Herr Vaughnster! Never on SSS eh? we'll see.

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:19 am

Hey all-
Henry Arab is right, you'll NEVER be SSS quality know why? Big part is living on the WEST coast so you can race. You'll be a SSS wannabe for, uh EVER.

~ickchick~

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:49 pm

Henry J-
Hope your clinic goes well, it's tomorrow right, ya. I'll pray noone falls on their faces for you!

~ickchick~
PS if anyone does, would it be you? :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarah Howell on 2003-04-26 10:50 ]</font>

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue May 06, 2003 5:21 am

Isn't it amazing? I wasn't at The Gathering. Everyone who was there knows that by now. I know, though, pretty much what went down, who won what and what was accomplished and what needs work. Very simple.

I also know Tway decided he didn't want to sit around in his hotel room Friday night waiting for Saturday, so he invited everyone who was in town to the Motel 6 Classic at the Gaithersburg Park & Ride. This event HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GATHERING. If you wanted to race, you paid your $10 and got in line. I wasn't there, but I know what went down. I know PD set the course. I know everyone got three chances at the course and your fast time was recorded. Simple enough.

Now the Motel 6 Classic is being criticized by the South Florida God Of All Slalom from his Easy Chair on High because it didn't cater enough to newbies. After all, Andy Bittner said the courses at the Gathering would be for racers of all levels. And since the Motel 6 Classic was Friday BEFORE the Gathering, the course should have also been set to cater to newbies.

I wasn't there. I know what went down. Everyone on the East Coast and most everyone in the Western Hemisphere knows what went down Friday night at the Motel 6 Classic.

Why can't the South Florida Slalom God from his Easy Chair on high get it right before offering learned commentaries and what is believed to be brilliant insights?

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue May 06, 2003 5:28 am

Paul told me he set this course to accomodate the begginers. It was a classic DC outlaw course. I don't think anyone would argue with that.

How low can you go? Do you need like 12 feet straight? We've done that as well.

If one can make a course on a longboard, it's a beginner's course.

Brady Mitchell

Post by Brady Mitchell » Tue May 06, 2003 3:52 pm

My god Wesley, you`re turning into another A-rab! I was so off when I commented on the friday night course of which I didn`t attend....WRONG!!! I didn`t say a god damned word about that course. Yet you so poignantly took my words out of context just so you can slam me...ever so Ara-besque.

And who is calling the kettle black? How could you possibly know what when down if you weren`t there? YOU COULDN`T!

If the east coast wants to be pigeon-toed into TS only, then fine. But Alan ran cones with the Florida boys already...AT SPEED!! He was doing 4 wheel drifts around cones on a park board. SPEED, that`s where the fun is!

So Wes, the know it all slalom god, get your facts straight before your mouth has the runs again.

And just what was your excuse for not coming? The chance it might rain? The event was not in a downtown setting? Or it just wasn`t the perfect hill, course for your antiquated parallel stance?

Somebody buy him a clue....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brady Mitchell on 2003-05-11 15:52 ]</font>

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Tue May 06, 2003 3:57 pm

Two people that were not there arguing with each other about the course.

This truly is the "dark side of the cone".

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Tue May 06, 2003 4:06 pm

I was there, the courses rocked. Now shut up.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue May 06, 2003 4:31 pm

Funny. I didn't mention anyone by name. Why would someone take such exception to a rather humorous characterture?

Oh, and for the record, please understand I'm not "arguing" about the course. I never said anything about the course or any criticism or offered any brilliant insights from the comfort of my easy chair. I never saw the course and of course never rode the course. I have no insights to give.

I did say in another forum that I understood the reasons for running single lane time trials at the Motel 6 Classic Friday night, but at no time did I criticize or even praise the course or courses. I didn't see the courses and of course never rode the course. I have no criticism or praise to offer.

I just criticized the rather idiotic tendency of others who did not attend to criticize courses they did not see and of course did not ride.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WEsley Tucker on 2003-05-06 10:41 ]</font>

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Tue May 06, 2003 9:21 pm

Wesley criddled that last "e" when he hit the shift key by accident, allowing Brady to take a two stroke lead into the finals of the Keyboard Klassik.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue May 06, 2003 9:34 pm

Rick's just pissed 'cause I called the 'Dawgs a bunch of penises.

I can live with that.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Wed May 07, 2003 12:22 am

I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Dawgs (sure it was seven of the best years of my life, but there was more to being an undergrad at UGA than football :wink:)

What I don't understand is how two guys, both of whom I've met in person, passionate about slalom skateboarding, can act like total imbeciles on the internet.

Smack talk is okay in person, where facial gestures and intonation help convey sarcasm, but it's out of line here.

Now if I don't see either of you in St. Louis i won't be the least bit surprised, but if you don't make it to my race in Athens, I'll be pissed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rick Stanziale on 2003-05-06 19:02 ]</font>

Brady Mitchell

Post by Brady Mitchell » Wed May 07, 2003 12:22 am

"Now the Motel 6 Classic is being criticized by the South Florida God Of All Slalom from his Easy Chair on High because it didn't cater enough to newbies. After all, Andy Bittner said the courses at the Gathering would be for racers of all levels. And since the Motel 6 Classic was Friday BEFORE the Gathering, the course should have also been set to cater to newbies." Wesley T

**Obviously the above post was intended at me. It was I, who posted earlier on how I thought the courses or a course should take into consideration of newbies. Never did I criticize any particular course**

"I wasn't there. I know what went down." Wesley T

** How the hell would you know that if you weren`t there?**

"Everyone on the East Coast and most everyone in the Western Hemisphere knows what went down Friday night at the Motel 6 Classic.

Why can't the South Florida Slalom God from his Easy Chair on high get it right before offering learned commentaries and what is believed to be brilliant insights?" Wesley T

**I did not criticize any course, I couldn`t, I wasn`t there. I only made comment that was constructive criticizm from input from Alan. And I don`t think Andy or anybody else for that matter, is above constructive crticizm.**

No Rick, we aren`t arguing about a course we didn`t attend, At least I`m not, but maybe wesley is since he is the know it all. He even said so.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed May 07, 2003 12:26 am

Please keep it up guys. This is the only fun reading on this sad sad day.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed May 07, 2003 12:48 am

Well then, Rick, you're gonna be pissed because Brady doesn't go anywhere that involves him having to skate through cones and competing against other slalom racers. Sure, I've missed a couple of early East Coast events, but big deal? There's a whole summer and fall of racing ahead and I'll get in my licks before the year's over. And just be sure to note that I haven't signed up for any contests, either, and then offered up excuses later for not showing up. I know what I can do and hope to have some idea in the next week or so of when I can do it. That's my race schedule for right now. No, I won't be in St. Louis, unless about $600 falls in my lap in the next month and I have six free days available for the ride out and back. (My brother used to work in Granite City. I've made that trip twice and know what it takes.)

As far as your race is concerned, the 'Cocks kick off at 7:00 in Columbia against Lousianna-Lafayette. That means I can race in Athens until about 3:00. Then I have to hit the road. Just like last year if it hadn't rained.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Wed May 07, 2003 12:59 am

On 2003-05-06 18:48, Wesley Tucker wrote:
....That means I can race....until about 3:00. Then I have to hit the road. Just like last year...
Then we'll run the tight slalom first.

If you, Brady and Eric Groff all show up, I'll wave entry fees for the three of you. :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rick Stanziale on 2003-05-06 19:00 ]</font>

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed May 07, 2003 1:10 am

Well, this is the "dark side of the cone" and let me say something right now: I resent and take personally being lumped in with Brady under any circumstances. And even though I find myself in disagreement on a lot of levels with Eric Groff, I also have to say he too does not deserve such disrespect.

As I have told many of my skate associates, there is a huge difference between Eric Groff, myself and anything related to The South Florida God Of All Slalom In His Easy Chair On High: WE SLALOM SKATE, HE DOESN'T. That makes a difference that is beyond measure or argument.

Putting me in the same group with a filthy lying poser is really uncalled for.

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Thu May 08, 2003 2:24 am

If I can't make it to Da Farm, I will put on a dress, skate around, and have my pic taken. If the Farm date is moved, I will wear a dress there.

A deal is a deal. I lost, I wear the dress.

God, even some faculty members here at school know about the dress thing!

Mike Cividino

Post by Mike Cividino » Fri May 09, 2003 7:34 pm

I am a nebie! Plain and simple. I had a great time on the friday night course. It was my first time trough real comes this year and after a couple runs I was making almost clean and with decent speed. If i could make the course it was catered to newbies. But then again I was there so I guess that means nothing.

Mike Cividino

Post by Mike Cividino » Fri May 09, 2003 7:40 pm

i cant spell newbie...ouch

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Sun May 11, 2003 11:54 pm

Hey all-
Henry I am glad your playing fair, maybe you should stop by and I can do your hair. We just got those pics of you. :lol:,your hair is in like 30 clips and hair ties its just dazzeling. Oh ya you better send me that pic, I can't wait to see you in a dress, thanks!!

~ickchick~

PS: can you say preppy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarah Howell on 2003-05-11 17:56 ]</font>

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Sat May 24, 2003 5:02 pm

This site has gone dull. We need Eric Groff back!! Untill then this site has no smack on it and is boring. so ya.. email me if someting good comes up.

~ickchick~

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Sun May 25, 2003 12:13 am

My favorite pic EVER

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Sun May 25, 2003 6:22 am

Why???

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Sun May 25, 2003 2:49 pm

It shows the inevitable sacrifice a new slalomer must make, you gotta fall at some point!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun May 25, 2003 11:15 pm

I just realized something. If I'm correct in my calclations, I believe 'da Farm has been moved to August 2nd? Two weeks prior to August 23rd?

August 23rd, as we all know, is the weekend young Jar Jar is making his big move to college life. Now, it would appear that his attendance at 'da Farm is all but assured.

What do y'all think: should he wear something Euro chic in a dress, or should we all insist he don a classic 1950's poodle skirt?

Me, I vote for the poodles.

What say everyone else?

P.S. Y'all watch. "Two weeks before I go to College? Oh, that's the weekend I'm supposed to go with my mom and buy socks. I still can't make it." I can hear it comin' as we type!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wesley Tucker on 2003-05-25 17:21 ]</font>

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Sun May 25, 2003 11:41 pm

Hey-

I vote for the poodle skirt :wink: as long as it's pink. :lol:

~ickchick~

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun May 25, 2003 11:56 pm

Sarah,

You haven't met Komrade Vladski yet, have you?
He's the one who wears all the PINK stuff!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wesley Tucker on 2003-05-25 17:58 ]</font>

Sarah Howell

Post by Sarah Howell » Mon May 26, 2003 12:47 am

Wesly- Henry wears pink, He has a pink shirt..preppy pink. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarah Howell on 2003-05-25 18:50 ]</font>

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon May 26, 2003 1:03 am

Well, I'll be wearing an UGLY shirt . . . if LBK will loan me one!

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Mon May 26, 2003 7:31 am

I don't know about borrowing ugly shirts Wes, I hear you have quite a collection of ugly shirts.

Brian

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Mon May 26, 2003 11:19 pm

Every time Eric Groff posts it makes me want to distance myself from him and everything he stands for. I have met many of the SSS team guys and all are gentlemen on and off the hill. I was talked into getting some ousts by Richy and Rene, and I like them a lot and am proud to sport the Oust logo, but everytime I see Eric Groff disrespecting other skaters in the name of a product, it makes me wanna go rip the sticker off my board and replace it with a Bones or PT one. Eric Groff gives SSS a bad name. I have met him myself and he is a very nice guy, his son is the coolest as well. But I cant see a resemblence between the Online Eric Groff and the Real Eric Groff. I'm not gonna lie- I don't understand it.

Eric, your antics have even caused a number of beginner slalomers that I know to hesitate when signing up for a race they thought you were going to be at. What if those people had not known me and gotten the whole scoop on your personality? It is frightening that your antics are scaring people away from slalom events.

h

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry Julier on 2003-05-26 17:25 ]</font>

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue May 27, 2003 3:02 am

Hmmmm . . . Vlad, Gilmour, Mollica and Brewington all in France.

Sort of gives new meaning to "ol' Gay Paree," don't it?

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed May 28, 2003 12:39 pm

Henry,

I think Eric is having this "driving syndrome". You know people who are really nice and friendly but when they get into a car and start driving they lose control of their social behaviour. Maybe in our digital age we have a new syndrome "the forum syndrome" that is spreading.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Wed May 28, 2003 1:57 pm

As for old Gay Paree` I decided to do the ultimate gay thing for a skateboarder to do- race on Inline Skates. Riding one foot on a slalom deck is nearly the same as riding one foot on Inline skates...I wanted to lay down a blistering one foot slalom speed run as someone who never practices Inline and hopefully win.

But in order to do that I really had to take it over the top. I needed the outfit. The ultimate Inline skating outfit.

Many fashion conections were made. There could be no confusion with my slalom skateboarding outfits...but those were already pretty out there.

The inspiration could only come from the man who first comes to mind when thinking of Inline.

LIBERACE!

So without having thousands of dollars for said outfit- I had to do the best I could. First....borrow someones skates.

Next realize I'm wearing skates at the Eiffel tower wearing a silver sequin shirt- shades of Saturday Night fever crept in.

At this point I think it was just too much for the Inline skate community....mysteriously ALL INLINE Skating Events were canceled soon after me donning the shirt. (for real)

With all the Inline events canceled due to the ineveitable shame I would bring to the sport- I had to make the best of it. So what could I use this outfit for to my advantage? Quickly remembering that extremely attractive models seem to feel comfortable around gay men I decided to test the theory.

So Henry there may be an advantage to your dress- just don't buy it at Old Navy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Gilmour on 2003-05-28 10:12 ]</font>

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed May 28, 2003 2:05 pm

Victoria got home at one o’clock last night. Her entire work place (all women) spent 4 hours looking at the Paris pictures. The girls didn’t want to see the Tower or the slalom comp. They only wanted to see Gilmour.

That is pretty gay.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Wed May 28, 2003 2:07 pm

not that there is anything wrong with THAT.

-Seinfeld

(fixed for Vlad)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Gilmour on 2003-05-28 09:12 ]</font>