Vintage Board

Discussion Forum
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Vintage Board

Post by Adam Daniels » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:29 pm

Hey guys, i just watched the Farm 5.0 video by tway and those vintage boaards really got me going.

i was wondering if the bearings had to be vintage, and bushings. right now the only old boards i have are a Blue Makaha (not sure of the year but my dad found it on a road in the mid 80's) and an Orange Grentec Spoiler II.

basically i would really apreciate help with a list on what vintage stuff is easiest to get and what sort of brands to use for the vintage race.

and does anyone have the rules?

thanks
No vestido para mi

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:20 pm

While you may use new bushings and bearings, if you win everyone will say it's because you used new bushings and bearings.

Otherwise it all has to be circa 1978 or earlier and there is an equipment check.

Look for a new "Plastic Playboy" class in 06. Rules to be announcd.

Joe

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:18 pm

after sidlo's run in 04,you should consider the"insane clay posse"class.just a thought.cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Shane Anderson

Post by Shane Anderson » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:52 pm

Adam, the rules for da Farm vintage were posted with the main event. Here are the rules quoted:

"This years Vintage on the Farm Honoree is Bobby Piercy. The rules are simple, all boards, trucks and wheels must be pre-1978 however, you will earn more style points if you sport original German bearings and tracker TK101's but they are not necessary. Scoring is based on style, dress and equipment. "

See: http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... testID=192

I think this answers all of your questions with respect to the rules go.

Shane

Rasmoes

There´s nobody who´s slalom-skating in Gotenburg..

Post by Rasmoes » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:42 am

Hi, It seems like I´m the first person in the Swedish city Gotenburg who enjoys slalom skating. All my other friends skateon the streets, while i look for the biggest hills to ride from. I´ve got an old Fibreflex-board, and I really enjoy riding it. Any tips?

/Rasmus, Sweden..
Eeh, I like slalom skating, eventhough it´s now very big here in Gotenburg.. I don´t know anyone else but me who does it, so I´m quite pleased that i´ve found a site with people who´ve got the same intrests.

Mattias Gustavsson
Mattias
Mattias

Post by Mattias Gustavsson » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:44 am

hey rasmus!

there is a quite good slalom scene in guthenburg. the Swedish Championship 2005 was held in Slottskogen. For more info www.slalomskategbg.tk

Rasmoes

Slalom in Gotenburg

Post by Rasmoes » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:43 pm

Thank u Matthias, I think I´ve been there once, but that was about 2 years ago, and all of them were just old guys, u know 30+.. haha, that u so much!
Eeh, I like slalom skating, eventhough it´s now very big here in Gotenburg.. I don´t know anyone else but me who does it, so I´m quite pleased that i´ve found a site with people who´ve got the same intrests.