speed out of the box

Discussion Forum
Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

speed out of the box

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:24 pm

I was watching the vids from the last race and i was wondering if the start will make any diffrence by placing the board right on the starting line and then do the slingshot motion to star (like most of the racers) or if a start placing the back wheels at the end of the slingshot motion on the back end of the box (like tway on the video) and have more time and space to do a double or even a triple pump before the first cone.
of course this will only apply to the 1 push courses. I think that the best way to do it its to place a strip on the first cone and see the difference.
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:47 am

Thats a good question.I think Derek Smith had the fastest starts of the day. I was thinking the same thing each time I steped into the start box.
That one push start rule is just about the gayest thing Tway has ever enforced. He saw GBJ do it at the gathering like 5 years ago and has been Married to it ever since. It is by far the wierdest most goofy and alkward way to get moving on a skateboard. Open push from a designated start line to the first cone is way better.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:37 am

Would a push start 15 feet to the first cone could be allright. One foot stays in the start box, much like Cyber Slalom. That is what we normally do, when we can't drag the start ramps with us. Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:48 am

I ran, jumped on my board, and beat Henry.

Totally worth it.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:55 am

Your Arch Nemesis never stood a chance. Must a been a hell of a jump. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

One push starts suck talent out of skating.

Post by John Gilmour » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:40 am

GO IN HOT- COME OUT HOTTER
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Chris Chaput
Abec 11
Abec 11

What are we trying to avoid?

Post by Chris Chaput » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:00 am

I'm not sure why we need to limit any portion of a start. I've never seen anyone pushing past more than the first cone of the course, and I'm not sure if that was even an advantage. If you don't want guys blazing into the start of a course, make the first handful of cones impossible at warp speed.

I've never understood some people's obsession with limiting the push, and also with common start times in dual races. The "rules" usually just create more hassles.