Equipment advice?

Discussion Forum
Mark Paschen

Equipment advice?

Post by Mark Paschen » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:01 pm

Chris Bara,
Nice meeting you at the lot yesterday! Thanks for letting me try out a couple boards, boy, has it changed since mid 70's:-) I need some input on a used setup, anyone you know have what I need? Even if its just the deck, i'll by trucks, ect, but would prefer a complete.
thanks again....
mark

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

old newbie

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:59 am

I can speak to the search for gear after not being into slalom for 26+ years. In February I found out that slalom was raging again. I began to look at all of the new gear and was lost to say the least. Decks, trucks & wheels not to mention bearings, bushings and pads have under gone changes that no mere mortal can understand without guidance.

Lot's of guys offered great advice and I drank it all in. Still in the end I did not feel confident enough to make my own set-up. I chose to buy a new complete. I won't mention where so people won't think this is a sales pitch. My deal is that I have been where you are did my research and I trusted someone and now am blazing cones again (well at least I think it's blazing.)

There are a few companies that offer new completes. I urge you to look in that direction, buy a set-up that you can provide information on and get an educated bit of feedback on BEFORE you buy.

If you want to know who, I'll tell you. Just PM me and we'll discuss. The brotherhood of Slalom awaits. Welcome.
La Costa Boy For Life

John Dillon

Hey Mark!

Post by John Dillon » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:26 pm

Marty is correct to say that he is blazing again....I should know as I saw him blazing last saturday. Anyways, like Marty mentioned, you can buy a complete from several companies...just be sure to mention your weight as some boards are made w/different amounts of flex....this may also require you to adjust your bushings too. Good luck and let us know what you have selected.

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:37 am

hey whattup there Mark?....yeah, it was good to meet you and Sherry too....
I can tell you right now that youre gonna be hooked on cones.....you just had that look on your face....
Some of the guys will be out this Sunday too, but some of us have Fathersday goingson so i'm not sure how many....next Sunday and every Sunday after all summer for sure though..
I'll always have some boards but you may want something stiffer.
Check out Pocketpistolskates.com for some great completes....good prices..
And Scott Ward at Stillboardin.com can always put something together for you (plus he's both local and honest)...he carries a full line of Roe wood/glass boards and they'll suit you good too.....

I'll keep my eye's open for good deals on line too

Good to have you in the crew, brah.....

Jay Mishoe

Equipment

Post by Jay Mishoe » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:11 am

Yes-sir-ree Mr. Marty was killin it on the same board as I have. The PPS Chicken although his seemed to be much faster than mine!Probably because I suck!! Also lets not forget Mr.John D. rippin it on something close to my heart "Tha Bozi". It was a real treat to ride with these guys. They are total rippers!These boyz could ride and rip a 2x4! We wish yall could come to the jam this week to help promote more stokage. But I know it's a haul!Hopefully we will see yall at our race we are workin on. Later guys It was a pleasure Jay!
Downhillbilly

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Hot Rod PPS!

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:58 pm

Jay,

My PPS Hot Rod has the Richy Carrasco factor going for it. RC knows how to build a fast slalomboard. SK8Kings Rocks!!!
La Costa Boy For Life