ex mid 70's (not age) slalom/skater in troy, mich

Discussion Forum
Mark Paschen

ex mid 70's (not age) slalom/skater in troy, mich

Post by Mark Paschen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:50 pm

is there any peeps around detroit, that still set up the cones and play? I got back into park riding for a few months last year, then lost interest, love drag racing motorcycles too much. But, I would LOVE to get back to my skate roots and slalom a bit. I went to several events WAYYYYY back at the oakland county building, in pontiac and ran slalom and a little freestyle. There was a place on telegraph road@ maple, called don thomas sport haus, that would sponsor the events....DAMN that was fun! I'm gonna be 43 in sept, but, ya can't keep a old dawg down!!
hook a old guy up!!
mar248-941-2483

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:06 pm

Good talkin to ya Mark.....
Every sunday at about noon at either OCC or Squirrel and Featherstone
Here's some other spots with local ties....
www.stillboardin.com
www.9bowl.com

C'mon out....it's a blast

John Dillon

Welcome, aboard!

Post by John Dillon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:36 pm

Even though I'm not from the Motor City I can vouch that the Kill City Slalom guys are a grape(sp)bunch. Run some cones w/Chris & crew and I hope to see you at a future race!

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:51 pm

Please forgive me for barging the original topic but WOW, that 9Bowl looks amazing! If I ever make it up there, can you guys hook up a session?

(Even further off topic, does Dave Campbell still skate? I have photos of him from 1988 or so doing frontside 540s and other crazy-ass stuff. I seem to recall he lived in Michigan somewhere.)

To get back to the topic: Mark, the Kill City guys are cool. They'll make sure you have a good time.

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:33 pm

thanks for the props folks

The 9bowl is pretty cool.......just for being what it is...Fadell and some other guys had the grand notion of building a private bowl in the back of one of their businesses, dug that thing out and rodded it themselves........That's the place that the Danforth pics were shot for Concrete Wave.....
JBH, if you're ever up here i'm sure a session could be put together.
Personally, i suck in the bowl, (hmmm....that just doesnt sound right)... but some of those guys throw down just fine..

Dave Campbell......dont know him.........but this is Detroit.....if people can leave here for other parts of the country, they tend to do so, ya know?....

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:01 pm

This from Fadell....Dave Campbell is till out there....lives in Lansing, Mi..........still skating...