Well....I'm Done......

Discussion Forum
Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:18 am

As much as it pains me to say it.....I have to retire from slalom and from skateboarding almost completely. The knees just can't take the abuse anymore. I still plan to be active in the slalom scene, and still orginize a few races here and there. Big thanks to Jack Smith, UR13, Noah, Brian P, and everybody who gave me tips, helped me in races, loaned me boards, and showed me the way.......

Cheers everybody!!

Brian "TheBrain"

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:52 am

Brian,

Don't be so sure of that. Give your knee (and leg) lots of rest, be cool and do what the doctor says. Sure it hurts right now and you're feeling really bummed, but don't think it's all over. Hell, in one year, two years or even three you might come back with even more determination and strength than you've shown these past months you've been among us.

We've never had a chance to meet and race, but our online discussions reveal that you certainly have what it takes to make a mark on our sport. Don't give in just yet. Just think long term and maybe this thing will lead to a better "you" in the future. I know you took about as hard a slam as anyone could experience and you're wondering if you'll ever get back what you had. Maybe not. But don't assume right now that you'll never have again what it takes to enjoy cruising cones on a skateboard.

And, hey, if it doesn't happen, we'll always need a waterboy and someone to man the starter's table! :razz:
(That's pretty much what I'm reduced to right now, so I know what you're dealing with.)

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:41 pm

email me. I have this amazing surgeon and physical therapist.

I was told I would never skate, run, surf, snowboard, again- biking would be allowed. I destroyed my knees mountain climbing 1993.

Ultimately no surgery required.