Where is the grass roots forum?

Discussion Forum
John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Where is the grass roots forum?

Post by John Gilmour » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:33 pm

lots of history was in that forum- has it been moved?
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:24 pm

John,

The Grass Roots forum topics were moved to NORTH AMERICA. It seemed redundant to have forums about North American grass roots racing and grass roots racing in North America.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with a forum entitled 2002 & 2003 FCR SERIES. I wish there was a way to keep the forum headers with sub-forum topics and yet move it into a new forum entitled "Forum Archives," or some such thing. I don't want to just start dumping topics into NORTH AMERICA willy-nilly, but a forum dedicated to a two-year old race series seems a bit odd.

Oh, well. No rest for the vigilant.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:19 am

Yeah- I found them moments after looking for them.

I think we could relocate those threads to the approriate forum.

And I agree on past races. Perhaps we should group those races by year.
And only do that for races that have happened at least 2 or 3 years ago.

That way people can still see somewhat recent years of competition (to formulate an opinion on how a future contest at the same venue might be) and have a history log to go through for older races. The older races (in historical context) should not be grouped so much by location but in the order they occured so people can see the progress racers made moving up the ranks.

To keep this orderly I suggest that promoters announce the date of their race in Parenthesis before the name or location of the race.

for example

(5 May 2000 California) Hamm Slam "Dash For Cash" SL, GS, TS, CS

Being that the date is the most important thing- followed by location promoter, and finally the events held in what order.

So For instance slalom week might look like this.

(12-18th September 2005- California) Slalom Week and 2005 World Championships (Promoter- Jack Smith)- Welcome Party, CC, PS, SG, Sl, TS,

(11-12 June 2005- Colorado) Colorado Cup (promoter-Gary Fluitt) GS,TS,PS, BBQ Party

I also think the contest calender deserves its own section out of random slalom topics so anyone will find it fast even if new to our site.

IMHO I think people qualify if they can go to a race first by if the date is possible...then where it is, who's running the race and what are the events. And we should put the actual name of the event in Bold. Not that there is anything wrong with the way it is currently listed (all the info is there), but it would be faster to scan the races this way to decide on which ones to attend.

Also for those who are interested in a single discipline maybe we should have a column for each discipline.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour