Has Barrett Quit Racing?

Pocket Pistol Slalom Boards

Moderator: Barret Deck

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Has Barrett Quit Racing?

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:19 pm

For the first time in a while I went to the PPS website today.

No trucks
No Manx Wheels

All the slalom boards are out of stock except the Racer X hardcore board.

Now CBark has joined Pavel. Marty Schaub reported that CBark was unsponsored prior to signing on.

Has Chicken quit producing slalom equipment? Anyone talked to him lately?

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:55 pm

nah.Fadell has a new shape coming out,etc..cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:27 pm

Pocket Pistol decks used to sell well over here. Not masses but they were good attractive boards for beginners, so it's a pity that this year Chicken is not even returning emails.

I've heard that he's been working hard setting up a distribution (of non-slalom equipment I assume), so that has left less time for slalom equipment.

I was told Maria C has ways of contacting Chicken and maybe even getting equipment out.

So, who's picking up this market opportunity. Full bag skates maybe? Someone else? Let me know I need to order stuff for the coming season.

/Jani

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:50 am

Chris Favero wrote:nah.Fadell has a new shape coming out,etc..cf
Chris,

Glad to hear that.

Will it come with a gangster shirt and tie?

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:40 pm

Wes,when we want your opinion,we'll give it to you.cfav
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:34 pm

greg fadell is one of the coolest and smartest guys out there.
if there are things to come out with the board then it's black leather and a sharp focus!!!

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:24 pm

Chicken has responded to all my emails over the past few months. I've bought a board or two from him and he's sent them out quickly (less than three weeks after ordering).

He as also agreed to sponsor our race to promote slalom in schools. Our whole team is incredibly stoked that PPS would help us out.

My favorite slalom board of all time is still my 36'' super G. The best part of the weekend in Texas was when we went to the top of Big View for the Downhill Speed Trap. I'm standing there next to the Time Ship Racing guys in full leathers and Drop through decks. I tighten down my white khiro bushings one turn and get in line to bomb from the top. One of the TSR guys looks at me and says "Dude, your crazy". 45 miles per hour, no wobbles.That 36'' is so stable and nimble and perfectly damp flex.

Chicken may not be racing anymore, how who else is that was on the podium of the 2002 worlds? Where's Gilmour, Vlad or Paul Dunn? A lot of people don't continue to keep racing for what ever reasons. Not everyone can be like Luca and stay on the podium for years.

So as far as I know PPS is still going.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:10 pm

Karl Floitgraf wrote:Chicken has responded to all my emails over the past few months.
So as far as I know PPS is still going.
Good. I hope he brings out some new stuff!

But I've also learned that there are others willing to take over his market share.

/Jani

Barret Deck
SSS - Pocket Pistol Skates
SSS - Pocket Pistol Skates

Post by Barret Deck » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:03 pm

I just heard about this and was told I should check it out.

Wesley - CBark Has had PPS sponsorship up until he went to Pavel.

PPS is still making a full line of Slalom boards. The Hardcore DP and Dagger will be back in stock next week. We have E-Series Mitchell X and DP's in stock as well as Ballistic Mitchell's. We still make Custom Superlight Camber and Ballistic Concave Race boards. We also have some new thing in the works that should be out soon.

I've had a lot more responsibility at work and home the last couple of years and just haven't had time to go to all the races. Don't think I don't want to come race!

The distribution I'm involved with will disrtibute all our products not just Street, Pool, Park, or Longboards.

Indy stopped making the 101 a while back so I haven't had trucks to make. There are a lot of good truck option out right now but, we will be doing something new in the future.

I've had MFG problems with the Manx from the begining. PPS will be launching a new line of race wheels that will be the fastest grippyest wheels money can buy.

Jani - I never recieved any emails from you?

Our web guy has gone MIA so the web site is once again out of date and I'm currently searching for a new web guy.

Greg Fadell - Rips all terrain and his new race board is going to be Sick!

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:22 am

I'm ordering a dozen of race PPs this week.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:10 pm

I'm glad to hear about all this.

New Boards
New Wheels

And I certainly agree with Chicken about our truck options. I guess I'll have to retire all my 101 offsets now as some sort of rare vintage collectible.

Don't forget, Barrett: this is YOUR forum for all news, promos and hype for anything related to Pocket Pistol. Take full advantage of it.

Thanks for checking in.

Paul Howard

My 2 Cents

Post by Paul Howard » Sat May 19, 2007 9:07 pm

OK, so I'm late out of the gate here too, but here's my 2 Cents:

Barrett/PPS sent me a Mollica Hardcore and a Mitchell E-Series for prizes at my event April 1st 2007(among other manufactures as well) so I and everyone was stoked for that.

Adios - P
I just dig slalom!

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue May 22, 2007 8:44 pm

you guys are all smokin' crack..

I dropped Chicken an email with some questions about a new shape, he wrote back the same day...

I placed my order a few days later and he again wrote me back the same day...and the ball's already rolling...

thats about as smooth as it gets, no?

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Tue May 22, 2007 10:00 pm

Well I guess I'm smokin crack then cause there's simply no reply to my monthly "I love your Manx wheels please sell me some new ones"-emails that I keep sending.

I've used my manx wheels at every race and session since august 2005 so they start to get worn. I love them and the fact that having olny 4 wheels and no other choices to mess with. Though it kind of sucks to borrow wheels from other racers at races where the surface sucks and my 84a starts bouncing around.

Please make some new ones, put them in a box and send them to the otherside of the world. Thats where I live.

HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric
Fred
Fred

Post by HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric » Wed May 23, 2007 12:03 am

I'd like to Thank Chris Hamrock and Chicken to support the Paris Slalom World cup 07, I asked him if he wanted to sponsor our event and he immediatly accepted and sent the shwag !!! ( answered the same day ! ).
Podium or pavement... but PAVEL !

www.coneracing.com

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Wed May 23, 2007 7:30 pm

Pocket Pistol Skates doesn't just sponsor the big events like the Paris World Cup, Chicken sent out some swag including a couple decks to give away last weekend for our school event. Considering the weather people still wanted to race for these boards... man did it get people stoked.

Thanks Chicken.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Mon May 28, 2007 2:36 am

I raced my CDH at Karl's race last weekend. One of the young kids borrowed it after we ran to go down and pick up the timers. when he returned it he had a big smile and said "dude, that is a SWEEET board"...see that - free market demographic info!!