Is something wrong?

Roe Slalom Boards

Moderator: Gareth Roe

Erin Riffel
Erin
Erin

Is something wrong?

Post by Erin Riffel » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:03 am

I placed my order for my Roe 'Unlimited' in mid Sept. Been waiting ...... and waiting..... no answer to my recent email......

I am wondering if there is something going wrong for Gareth or over at the Roe/Insect 'factory'. Anyone know what's up?

Just kind of strange as even custom boards that I have had designed and built from scratch have gotten here in under 6 weeks.

Joel Crawley

Post by Joel Crawley » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:47 am

Erin I asked the same question....albeit early in the order and you replied to my question that you were still waiting. I can't believe you're still waiting!

I ordered in mid October. Since you said you were waiting (at that time over 8 weeks) I didn't think much of it. But now I'm kind of concerned too.

I've emailed three different occasions (with various questions) and have never received any thing back. I actually emailed the last time seeing if I could cancel my order which would be great since I've since bought another board but as I say I can't even get them to answer an email.

Good luck, I think we're going to need it.

Gareth Roe
RoeRacing Team Captain
RoeRacing Team Captain

What's up with RoeRacing?

Post by Gareth Roe » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:26 am

There is nothing wrong other than the fact that we are way behind on our current orders. The success of both Insect and RoeRacing has been a great thing - way beyond each of our wildest dreams. As a result, we have been inundated with orders! However, the reality is that there is only so many boards that can built in a day - by one person. Right now, no one person in this industry is working harder than Steve Hopper - trust me.

In the past we seriously considered having our boards pressed by some big shop out of state. Some of the other manufactures that used to build their own decks have done this. It certainly would be a whole lot easier for us, and way quicker for you. We have also been told that our “very same decks” could be built on the other side of the Pacific Ocean for about $9.00 each – including grip tape!!! Tempting – NOT!

Thankfully, better judgment prevails and we have decided against having other people press and shape our decks. The reason we started building boards in the first place is because we couldn't find the right shape, the ride responsiveness and the construction quality in a deck built by someone else that was up to our standards. We will never be a high-quantity manufacturer. We would rather build high quality, handcrafted decks.

So, we continue. Painstakingly pressing, shaping, sanding, sealing, drilling and gripping each board - one at time. Yeah, it takes longer, but we think it is worth it.

We are slowly getting caught up with all of our back orders and will be shipping the next batch of decks shortly to Colorado, Canada, England, France, Australia, Vermont, California and New York.

For those of you with boards on order, thanks again for your patience!

Sincerely-
Gareth

Erin Riffel
Erin
Erin

Post by Erin Riffel » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:17 pm

Thanks for your reply Gareth!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:40 pm

Hmmm . . . . no mention of South Carolina . . . ahem.