Moderator: Gareth Roe

Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia

TS Board Suggestions

Post by Robert Sydia » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:29 pm

Hey Everyone:

Happy New Year!!

Trying to decide on a TS board for next season and trying to decide between the CrossFire PS, S-Camber PS and the Hollien TS.

Currently have a Unlimited (foam core) and want something to tear up Tight Slalom courses.

All advice, suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Thanks

Rob

RL

S Camber

Post by RL » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:07 am

Im no expert, but I can say that my new S Camber has made me a better TS rider the 1st time I steped on it. Some adjustment required in my foot placement. Im still getting it dialed. Should say was getting. 5 more inches of the white crap today. Thats 11" in one week. Cant wait for April.

Anyhow. Yes, I like the S Camber.

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:27 am

Robert, I'm going to put in another pitch for the Roe S-camber. I put one into
action and went through my 50 cone (straight 6ft. centers) "course of standards" 2 sec. quicker with the same wheels and trucks than I can with a Roe PS Unlimited.

Realizing there is much to be made of the 1-1/2" shorter wheelbase that
the S-camber has...yet it is the shape of this deck that is so well geared towards digging through tighter cone spacings. Being able to brace your rear foot against that slight little kick the tail has and pushing my front foot against the toe stop I've installed has made pumping this smaller board for speed seem almost second nature.

I ordered mine in the Crossfire shape which has as full a tail as the Unlimited. (I own size 11.5 feet)

Also, My S-cam is (STIFF) and in my current state of tune i.e. 195+ lbs
I feel I made the right choice. It is RESPONSIVE!

Maybe Ric can fill you in on the Cutaway shape. I haven't seen one in person.

Have a good weekend, Tod

RL

Cutaway

Post by RL » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:55 pm

Yes, my cutaway S Camber is perfect for my small feet and the fact that I like the narrow feel of a board. My board has a medium flex for my 160 lbs. I get about 1/2" flex by steping on it.
I asked TK if that was to much and he said 1/2" to 3/4" is perfect.

Tod what are you using for a toe stop? i need to get or make one.

Ric

Keith Hollien

Post by Keith Hollien » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:54 pm

Robert, it looks like you skate surf stance. If that is the case then I have to say the Hollien TS should work well. The wide platform of my series is great for having plenty of room for your feet. The shape gives a lot of leverage for turning and initiates turns quickly. I think my shape really excels the more you have to turn. If you have any questions about my series e-mail or call me. Hollien@mail.ifas.ufl.edu or (352)332-3754.

Later Keith, Teams Radikal & RoeRacing.

Nick Krest

Post by Nick Krest » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:32 pm

When I think of a TS board, I think of the Hollien. As it just happens, I've got one right here! Yep, perfect tight board.

As far as toe stops, I've seen a lot of these lately:

$49 at http://www.tnrdesigns.com/skateboards.htm