Question for 2011 - status applications and Worlds location?

Archive of older ISSA topics

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Jonathan Harms

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Question for 2011 - status applications and Worlds location?

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:05 pm

We know the BOD is busy trying to get everything sorted but here is a question regarding this years races.

Is there going to be a revised sanction application or 2011? When can we expect it and can we create some specific areas for the 2011 season other then the calendar?

Thank you
Many Happy Pumps!

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:27 pm

SILENCE, UPSTART ZAMBONI DRIVER!!!

LOWER YOUR HEAD WHEN ADDRESSING THE BOD!!!!

hahahahahaha - just kidding Claude! I saw a sanction form floating around a coupla days ago, I think they're just doing final tweaks on it before posting it.
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Re: 2011

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 am

Claude Regnier wrote:...and can we create some specific areas for the 2011 season other then the calendar?
I'm currently revising the forums and approaching a forum update. The new forum software will allow subforums, so then we could consider a different organization.

What kind of 2011 forum would you like?

/Jani

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Jani wrote: "What kind of 2011 forum would you like?" My main concern was wwether a new Sanction Application was in the works.

Other then that just thinking about 2011 business, race forum that is more specific to this years events and such. The forum as it stands is great and most stuff is easy enough to find and search information.

Thank You.
Many Happy Pumps!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Claude Regnier wrote:... race forum that is more specific to this years events and such.
What I'm looking into is the possibility to use subforums. I could then move all but this years stuff into an archive below the current level. That would be a good idea for the North American race forum. In the EU forum I have always used year labels like [2009] to show which are the past events. I often also close the topic so that they appear a bit different to the current forums.

I hope we can get the new forum up in a few weeks, or lets say a month.

/Jani

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Sounds Good!

Post by Claude Regnier » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:48 pm

We can expect the revised Sanction Application soon though, right? As our CLASSY (BOD) Douchebag stated :)
Many Happy Pumps!

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Re: Sounds Good!

Post by Rick Floyd » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:44 am

Claude Regnier wrote:We can expect the revised Sanction Application soon though, right? As our CLASSY (BOD) Douchebag stated :)
As a status marshal, I expect to receive offers of bribes in return for higher status, especially from the Canadians. Don't worry The Board of Directors (Douchebags) will get their cut.
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Nice!

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:17 am

Glad you decided to accept Rick!!!! I had heard you turned it down.

Good Luck. I guess that means we are set in north America.
Many Happy Pumps!

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Re: Nice!

Post by Rick Floyd » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Claude Regnier wrote:Glad you decided to accept Rick!!!! I had heard you turned it down.

Good Luck. I guess that means we are set in north America.
I was pressured by the Swedish mafia. I want to make it clear that anything M. Regnier does, says, or even thinks will be given MAJOR status without question.
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Okay then!

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Any progress for the (new) sanction app for this season? I already forwarded the App for the 8th Annual Dovercourt Open but would really like to get the Worlds application resolved. If there is no new one one coming then I will finish one up and send it in.

We unfortunately did not have the luxury if pre-planning this decision given the current ISSA situation and we are running out of time to properly put firm things up and offer the kind of event we would like.

It is like a catch 22. The better the event the more pull we will have with sponsors, venue and such.

Thanks
Many Happy Pumps!

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

World Champioship 2011 confirmation!

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Were given the green light for our bid host the 2011 Worlds by the North American marshals. It was stated we should here from the BOD. Is there still an issue? We just want to be sure. Are we going to receive a formal notice or not? We also received a notification that Antrim had pulled their bid. This was the original post. there were several others as well.

“The North American status marshals have done their best to gather up info and discuss the pros and cons between the two possible locations for hosting Worlds (Ottawa and Antrim)- we have made our recommendations. Now the Board of Directors will make the final decision.”

Thank you.
Many Happy Pumps!

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Claude,

It is true, Antrim has removed its bid for the WC, and has been given a tentative OK to run the US Nationals. It will be on our traditional weekend in the middle of September. More news to come once we get the official word from the BOD.

Joe

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Thanks

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Joe thank you for the post. We had heard directly from Dave K. and thanked him (all of you) just want to make sure the BOD is on board!

It is like we are stalled right now.
Many Happy Pumps!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:30 pm

We're doing it the formal way so you will have to await approval from the BOD before you move ahead. But given that there's only one true candidate, it's either that or some extraordinary change of direction, which is possible, but not very likely.

We'll keep you posted as soon as all the BOD members have had their say in this question.

/Jani

Steve Pederson
Steve
Steve

Re: World Champioship 2011 confirmation!

Post by Steve Pederson » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:09 am

Claude Regnier wrote:Were given the green light for our bid host the 2011 Worlds by the North American marshals.
Not exactly.

I had posted that the marshals were done gathering info and debating - that we made recommendations to the BOD and that the BOD would make the final decision. I thought I was clear when saying that I was only speaking for myself when I said I recommended Canada. I didn't say what the other marshals recommended.

I spoke too soon anyway. I like to keep things moving. In reality, only one BOD member knew of our recommendations. It's reasonable to allow the BOD whatever time they need to discuss what they want to do.

When I made the post I only meant to make an update so people would know things were moving along. Not that things were final.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

No Problem!

Post by Claude Regnier » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:14 am

Steve that is what we thought. We knew we were waiting for the BOD. We just want to continue putting things together and moving forward. It is like we have been waiting forever. :)
Many Happy Pumps!