6-Wheel Issue Update

Archive of older ISSA topics

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Jonathan Harms

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

6-Wheel Issue Update

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:25 pm

Just to give the slalom skateboard racing community a heads up.

ISSA members are voting on the permissibility or restriction of the number of wheels on a skateboard at ISSA-SANCTIONED RACES.

After 11 days of open polls the vote is a DEAD HEAT. 21 members want exactly four wheels, 2 want six wheels only and 19 want unlimited wheels.

A little less than half of the "active" ISSA members have voted and let's hope there's a rush to paricipate before the end of voting November 30th.

Please remember, though, this doesn't ban or allow anything. The rules-revision process will affect races seeking and granted ISSA sanction. Of course, over the past couple of years it's easy to say most races in Europe, North America and now South America have sought ISSA sanction. Race organizers not wanting to adhere to the ISSA rules can do whatever they wish but will not receive a sanction and thus results will not count towards the World ranking.

And no, this is not a "secret" vote. I'll relay any and all information related to the rules revision process. It is, though, RESTRICTED to ISSA members only. Unfortunately, there's no way to manage the Slalomskateboarder.com website to allow some registered users while at the same time not allowing non-ISSA registered users without making the voter forum invisible to non-ISSA members.

Erik Basil

Post by Erik Basil » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:01 pm

Just to provide my translation of the semantics: this vote is PRECISELY over whether ISSA will or will not ban skateboards with more than four wheels from sanctioned competition. Of course, our ban would have no effect on skaters that ignore ISSA, but this doesn't alter the fact that we're voting over a ban or "run what ya brung".

Kudos to you, Wes, for bringing the subject up so that interested parties can vote their minds. I just disagree with that one point.
I ride fast boards, slowly.

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:20 pm

Erik Basil wrote:Just to provide my translation of the semantics: this vote is PRECISELY over whether ISSA will or will not ban skateboards with more than four wheels from sanctioned competition.
The vote for "# of wheels" is just a small part of the rules for ISSA skateboard races that are being voted on right now.

I encourage ISSA members to vote on all the rules, not just this one that defines the # of wheels...

Erik Basil

Post by Erik Basil » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:59 pm

I second your encouragement that we all vote on all the measures, rather than just the sixer-ban issue.
I ride fast boards, slowly.