An official written protest against the GS result in womanCL

Moderator: Robert Thiele

Ellena Senina
Piglet
Piglet

An official written protest against the GS result in womanCL

Post by Ellena Senina » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:20 am

Please, consider this as an official written protest against the GS race results in Women class in Brixlegg World Championship 2006 that due process of the GS race had not been observed.

Mrs. Evelin Eisenring (Switzerland) was allowed for the 3rd run after the PRO class GS race. As it was explained after, Mrs.Eisenring got a DQ during her 2nd run, DQ sign was shown by the cone marshal at the 1st part of the race course, but Mrs.Eisenring has decided to run to the finish line. At the finish line Mrs.Eisenring has noticed that two (2) cones of the GS course were misplaced.

By Mr. Campbell’s decision Mrs. Eisenring was granted the 3rd run.

Cone marshals were not present at the third part of the GS course, which could not be observed from the start line. Per WCh Organizers’ decision every racer must become a cone marshal after he/she has finished the run and count cones hit/misplaced by the next racer. That means these two (2) cones were not added to the final time of the woman racer, who ran before Mrs. Eisenring, as there were noone for cone counting.

I have asked Mr. Campbell to show the spreadsheet of the GS race to get to know whose cones were not counted in. He rejected with the explanation that the spreadsheets are closed now.
I have declared an oral protest against the result of the GS race in women class to Mr. Campbell and wanted to do it in a written form as it is stated in the ISSA rule #29.
I have asked Mr. Campbell to name the Main Judge of the race. Mr. Campbell replied that he didn’t know the Mane Judge name, and I had got to ask about it Mr. Soderhall or Mr. Coraeus. Mr. Coraeus rejected to name the Main Jugde.
I have declared to Mr. Campbell and Mr. Coreaus my intention to put a written protest on the SS.com as soon as I can.

Additionally, after the first run (DQ for me) as I was the last cone marshal, I showed 2 and 1 cones hit by the racers who had ran after me. These hit cones were not in the 1st run spreadsheet. After my declaration cone penalty was added to the racers’ final time. For my second run I had to get 2 cones penaltyto my time, but upon arrival to the spreadsheet at the starting line, only one (1) cone penalty was added to my 2nd run result.
ISSA rules#18, # 23, #25 were violated during the GS race, woman class on the 23July 2006 in Brixlegg World Championship.
I declare the results incorrect and the race process unjust.

Ellena Senina

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:15 pm

first of all i would like to point out that this race has not been held by the issa.
they received promotion there and jani and corky were involved in the timing.

so if you want to protest,then do it against me-the race organizer.
it ia absolutley right that i allowed evelin and kathrin another attempt to get a correct time.

it is untrue that evelin complained.

kathrin sehl reported to me what happened and i reacted then.

i found her at the end of the racetrack(yes-i left my chair at the timer,skated down there,after i got notice that things went wrong-the race was interrupted at that time,but only very shortly) crying and close to a breakdown.
kathrin was so disappointed that some of the women didn't take their task as conejudges not seriously enough or not at all(i'm wondering here-it went down ok with all the men divisions).we also had a briefing before the race.she reported to me what happened on her run and on evelins run.
they both didn't complain,but i decided to have a fair game and in the spirit of true sportsmanship i decided to let them both have another go.
so even,if evelin dqued,as you say it,in the first section,she still had 2 cones out at the bottom.
this means for me,that her course has not been ready.if a course is not ready it's not open for race results.you may think different,but i'm the organizer.

another reason for the turmoil at the bottom was joe leonhardt,who was cone-marshall when the incident happened.joe has a heart problem,as he told me,and the heat from the sun was unbearable for him plus the stress being created by several women who did not take their position as conejudge during the race.that's why he decided to give up.the situation was under control again with the help of dominik,adel,and pascal weber.

when you asked me for the spreadsheet,elenea,it was 10 mins to 6 pm.the race was over,computers and cables were disconnected.
the road had to be opened at 6pm again,so we all were in a hurry to get things done in a timely manner,i had the mayor of reith standing behind me.

nobody rejected to give you the name of the main judge either.get your act straight,when you start to complain.
as it seems you are very unsure which person you asked.

let me help you here,you asked corky.corky was also a bit amazed about your reaction,yes.i remember that too.

bottom line is that you can declare incorrect whatever you want,it may also remain iccorect for yourself throughout your whole life.
nothing will change on the results,because i declare the results to be o.k.

Ellena Senina
Piglet
Piglet

Post by Ellena Senina » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:20 pm

Donald Campbell wrote: so if you want to protest,then do it against me-the race organizer.
From you reply I understand that:
1) You declare yourself as THE Organizer of the competition and you guarantee the results accuracy.
2) You wrote long enough about the “situations”, which took place during the race, which were NOT under your control and you were reported AFTER the shit happened.
3) the foregoing assists me to conclude that if I were a sponsor of such event, I would refused sponsoring any FURTHER competitions under your management.

PS: don’t you mind if the racers know the name of the Main Judge for GS race, please?
If you got to know it by now. Danke
Ellena Senina

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:46 pm

since you are so much "in the know" please make sure you do the same thing next year in russia.
let's see that happening with YOU being the main oragnizer and the main responsible person then.
#1:i do not declare myself anything , I AM!
#2 and 3:please write a letter to carhartt and let them read it,they just love that stuff

your"ps":please take your precious time and reread my post above yours and you can answer that question for yourself.
thanks you so much for your time.

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

CONE Problem

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:46 pm

another reason for the turmoil at the bottom was joe leonhardt,who was cone-marshall when the incident happened.joe has a heart problem,as he told me,and the heat from the sun was unbearable for him plus the stress being created by several women who did not take their position as conejudge during the race.that's why he decided to give up.the situation was under control again with the help of dominik,adel,and pascal weber.

I did cone-marshal from 10 am (amateurs) till the end of the race (pros) (aprox. 5:30 pm)! - within a break during the girls. My place was with out any shadow all the time (only the redbull-balloon was there).

Before having a break I informed Don that I need one.

just a remark: I have had to tell nearly every amateur how the rotating cone-sheriff thing works. I did not know why they do not know how it works. I was told that this was explained during the riders meeting...

During the girl practice runs I tried to call Don him with my mobile phone to tell him about the obvious cone-problem.

... but my call was recejcted twice from a person who has control over donald’s phone at that time. I do not know why this was done.

... carsten who did a perfect work during the GS in the "knee" of the course decided to end his work after the amateurs had finished. This is very understandable because of the heat we have had.
he was the only one who had a walky-talk to the timing people near the start ramp. I was aware that he was not at his place I decided to walk up the way to tell donald the problem - after a short time he went down and tried to fix the problem....

so "no" communication with the timing people whole day long, what a shi# !!!

it is right that some racers did not want to be "rotating" cone-sheriffs.
e.g. a girl from lativia and a pro from italy... If you want I can tell their names, but that would not solve the problem.

please make up your mind who's fault it was that we have had these cone-problems.
so donald please be fair.

Dominik Kowalski

Post by Dominik Kowalski » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:09 am

All I can tell is:
As the cone-problem was happening, we (Adel, Pascal, Lee and Me) were sitting in the field, right at the bottom. As we just wanted to leave for swimming, Donald came down on his board (he was quite unhappy), just telling us quickly to do the cone-marshal. He told us to place the cones right, and look after Leo, and also that somebody of the girls, from a certain country, was complaining. At the same time, Leo came to me, ( quite threaten from the heat) and told me about a cone problem as also Katrin made her way up, crying. Donald was taking care of Katrin, while we looked after the cones. Katrin kicked one of the last ones out, I saw the moment when it got hit by Katrin, she swung out pretty far, but nailed the cone really straight. I don't know if it was that cone, which was off, but I also found a cone next to me a little bit off, like onto the middle, while I remember that Katrin didn't schratched it or s.l.that.
The rest was looking fine....

I remember Mrs. Eisenring hitting one or two cones at the very bottom, I can't tell if the cones where displaced or not, but going so fast at the very end of the track, I think it was more safe for her crossing the finish-line, instead of breakin out, and footbreak....it would have been to dangerous....in my opinion.

I also remember a riders-meeting in which was said that after passing the finish-line, each and every racer had to stand next to the racetrack and had to hold up the cones and putting them back in place, after it was notified. It worked in the amateurs division, but I don't think a lot of girls quite understood. For some part, reasonable, because of the really hot conditions, but it still had to be done.
So, in the end it is your own fault not standing there where supposted to, among of others, off course. Donald made the right decisions all weekend, he was very strict espaciallly about any cone-issues.

A day before, Jonathan Harms, got out of the course twice, he claimaed that a cone was out. One during practice, one in the race. He got his reruns, he was right, I saw it! So what?
Well, I saw You during practice, going down the ramp and off the board, and going up again for a second try. From a strict point of view it would have been your fault and that will be it. But that's not an organizer wants, right? So, off course you can try again. Everything was taken care off to make it fair for everybody,(strict but not stiff) and I think it reallly worked very very well.
We are humans not machines. You can never have all of the control. Shit happens.
Don't let it border you too hard, you can't even complain, now to be honest, I also saw you taking many practice runs, from the bottom, up from the knee and the middle and even from the top? 2 Runs was decided. Would you also protest to a racer for taking a third practice run after you took so sneaky many?

Go easy, enjoy the ride you had!
<a href="http://www.pavel-skates.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">SEX, DRUGS & BACKSIDE ROCK'N'ROLL...</a>
keep on rollin'...

Olga Kiseleva

Post by Olga Kiseleva » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:34 pm

Donald Campbell wrote:
it is untrue that evelin complained.

i found her at the end of the racetrack(yes-i left my chair at the timer,skated down there,after i got notice that things went wrong-the race was interrupted at that time,but only very shortly) crying and close to a breakdown.
they both didn't complain,but i decided to have a fair game and in the spirit of true sportsmanship i decided to let them both have another go.
so even,if evelin dqued,as you say it,in the first section,she still had 2 cones out at the bottom.
this means for me,that her course has not been ready.if a course is not ready it's not open for race results.you may think different,but i'm the organizer.

OK, Donald! Thank you for making it clear. I think that now everyone here understands that missing cones at the bottom was just a happy excuse for giving Evelin another run. I understand your feelings - it is so dissappointing to see a girl from Suisse at the bottom of the list! Especially if she is crying at the end of the race track after a DQ at the top! We all can imagine... Obviously, missing cones at the bottom (invisible from the top) were the reason of her DQ, what else could be?
Other girls saw her DQ in the first section, too.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:30 pm

dearest elena

after all the flak you gave me in your russian texted post(which a friend of mine read and translated-that was REALLY interesting) i'm so over with your complaints and your way of dealing with things.
again:you should reread my statement on the cone-problem.
then you should try to sort out what i said and finally try to translate it into russian to give a correct answer which would indicate that you UNDERSTOOD what i said.

for all to understand:evelin did NOT complain,but a fellow contestant who is so honest to the bone-kathrin sehl-did that.
she did not walk up to me to bitch moan or whine.
i had to pick her up at the racetrack where she was close to a nervous breakdown,make her feel easy again and pull answers for her beahviour out of her nose.she mentioned that evelin had that problem and she did not complain,again for you dear elena(please read this very slowly now) SHE DID NOT COMPLAIN.

i also can see a clear reason why your russian texted post is not written in a language most of the forum users could understand.
that's one of the most offensive,respectless posts i have read so far.
you surely had your reason to write in russian.

i also want to point out that i don't really know evelin at all nor would i favor any swiss person in any race.

all your complaints about the way the courses were made absolutely show that you don't have any experience.comparing the gs course to a downhill course(that's what you said it was) shows your experience.
you decided to go to a world championship,maybe you have to learn a bit more and come back?
declaring this contest as a waste of time and money is a very gross insult.
you are right,i wasted precious money on you since you as a woman received way more than what you paid for,i really don't want to go into any details.
absolutley ignorant and ungrateful comment from your side.
maybe you already get too much attention,elena.
your russian texted post shows that you don't deserve it at all.

i'm out of this,let it go...
do us all a favor

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:56 pm

... after translating the russian text, too.

...there is a passage which should be the reason of her protest.
Я: -Дон, что происходит?
Дон: - У нее 3-я попытка!
Я: - Я чем-то от нее отличаюсь?
Дон:- Нет, но она заметила 2 последних конуса не на своих местах.
Я: - Это безусловно дает ей право, получив DQ на 5 конусе и заметив 2 последних НЕ на разметке, получить 3-ий заезд?
Дон:-Да.
Я: - Почему там не было маршала? И кто ехал до Эвелин? Это значит эти 2 конуса не добавлены к результату предыдущей женщины.
Дон: - Я не знаю.
Я: -Как такое может быть, что ты не знаешь? Открой протокол и посмотри.
Дон: - Результаты уже закрыты.
Я: - Открой и посмотри. Сейчас же! Или я подаю протест.
Дон: - Ты можешь делать, все что тебе угодно.
Я: - Ты не имеешь права вести себя так. Кто главный судья гонки? Кому подавать протест?
Дон: - Я не знаю. Спроси Яни или Корки.
Я: - Корки, я хочу опротестовать результаты гонки.
Корки: - А я-то тут при чём?
Я: -Дон указал на тебя как на главного судью гонки.
Корки: -Дон, ты спятил?
Я: -Ок, я подам протест на Слаломскейтбордере, как только доберусь до своего компьютера.
Вступает хор девочек. Солирует Наёби.
Наёби: - Как ты вообще можешь вякать, тебя хотели отстранить от гонки за 4 тренировочных проезда. (Фраза кидается в меня и Олю)
Оля и я (хором): Наёми, ты в танке! Ни меня, ни Олю не отстраняли от гонки. Лиените из Риги хотели отстранить, но ты сама проголосовала за то, чтобы разрешить ей участвовать. Так что попридержи язык. Теперь.
Наёби: Я поговорила с Доном, 3-ий заезд аннулируют.

To my mind the following questions are still open:

? Why was she redirected to Korky / Jani to make a protest for this race ?
? Was is a ISSA rule bassed race ? - or not ?
? Why was the rejection of her 3rd told be a swiss girl ?

Better solve a problem than rejecting it, because it could be still cooking...
Hoping that a well fitting solution is found.