Bennett mods

Bennett Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Joe Boyle

Joe Boyle

Bennett mods

Post by Joe Boyle » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Post your bennett mods! Pics would be nice, but not necessary, just post details, what it improves, how much it cost, and if you can remember the name of the product you bought (if you bought one) such as sphericals, counterbores or axles.

I converted my 4.3 and 5.0 bennetts to accomodate sphericals, as well as approximately facing the hangars using a big block of wood, a drill and some sandpaper (I will post pics another time and explain how I did it.) I used an orb shaped file drill bit (not sure of the name) to take out a bit at a time from the bushing seat, regularly checking the fit with the spherical. I then used metal putty to set the bearing in place on one side. I only did it on one side so the bearing can be removed, but it is still held tightly in place. I then used the same bit to scallop the bushings.

It cost a grand total of £5 for each bearing, and a few bits lying about.

It really improves the responsiveness of the truck, and drastically improved my pumping and slaloming.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:33 pm

would love to check out the pics

I have a friend that's a machinist, he'd probably let me mess about with his tools to do one for myself

how does the spherical affect the performance?
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Joe Boyle

Post by Joe Boyle » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:52 pm

More than you could ever imagine for such a cheap upgrade. I have one in the hangar, and I am considering one in the baseplate too. I am gonna change some setups about, either today or tomorrow, I'll try to get some pics of the hangar with and without bearing, the drill bit, and the scalloped bushings. The change is crazy, it is like they can read your mind, and it stops wheelbite perfectly on both me slalom and ldp setups. one flat 1/4 inch and one khiro soft wedge + 70mm wheels and two soft wedges, no riser + 70mm wheels both wheelbite free.

Gary Saenz

Post by Gary Saenz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:15 pm

I'm running a Bennett 4.3 on the front of my slalom deck with a Cindrich baseplate that has an extra 10 degrees of wedge built in. Love not having to deal with extra wedging and I can run a standard grade 8 hexhead bolt using this baseplate.

Sj Kalliokoski

Post by Sj Kalliokoski » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:57 pm

My fron Bennet on Axe 3 adjusted for hybrid is wedged 12 degrees. Bushigngs Reflex barrels Lime and Pink plus spherical added. Works like charm, not as good as my GOG but worth of every penny.
-pokkis

Joe Boyle

Post by Joe Boyle » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:00 pm

Curt Chapman

Post by Curt Chapman » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:18 am