Bennett bushing combos

Bennett Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Joe Boyle

Joe Boyle

Bennett bushing combos

Post by Joe Boyle » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:12 pm

There are lots of similar threads about this, so I thought I would make a kind of database for the information. Post you favourite bushing combos, a rough idea of you setup, what you use if for, your weight and anything else you thing is appropriate.

I run all white khiro barrels or white under orange barrels (cup washer bottom, flat on top) on a sphericalised 4.3 for ts or a lime reflex barrel under a pink holey hourglass for faster stuff. I also run orange barrels or orange under white (same washers) for ldp. Slalom board has a 19" wb with a skandal rear, and my ldp has 28" wb with a similar rear truck (check my sig for more detail). I use a third of a stock bottom barrel as a shim, except in the reflex/holey where they fit out of the bag. I weigh 150-160 depending on what i had for lunch and whether or not I have a bag.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:15 pm

I run stock clear red urethane Bennett bushings and also some that Ron Bennett sent me a coupla years ago. Stock ones are 90a duro and I think the ones he sent me were 86a or so. Just a touch softer, you can tell if you bite them.

I have one truck with some pink and lime ABEC11 bushings in them. Different - not better or worse, just different.

Anybody try the "big red rubbers" when they first re-introduced the truk? OH! They were sooooo awful!
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Joe Boyle

Post by Joe Boyle » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:56 pm

The stock bushings work nicely as a toestop, due to the added height. they work great in the bennetts for a cruiser carver too. I never tried the old stock, but they were like an opaque orange weren't they?