New Bennett Pro Slalom Mods

Bennett Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Joe Boyle

Chris Iversen
Chris I
Chris I

New Bennett Pro Slalom Mods

Post by Chris Iversen » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:49 am

Hey I found these on Silverfish. I posted them in the Bennett thread, but thought they might get more exposure on their own thread. New it to be just a matter of time until someone came out with these. I'm ordering a set with the tower booster kit and Khiros!!! Look KILLER!!!!

Front: $97.00
Rear Offset: $117.00
Tower boosters (2 — to use standard bushings) $15.00 (these look rad! perfect for those of us that like to tinker... I'm still not sold on the rubber bushings, so it's nice to know there's something more reliable than washers available in order to maintain the right geometry)

Price includes shipping, and are in CDN funds Seems pretty damn reasonable to me!!!

They can be ordered from www.speed-dealer.ca

Live to skate, SKATE OR DIE!!!

Chris Iversen
Chris I
Chris I

Post by Chris Iversen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:56 am

All right, Just got mine... Here's my review:

Here's what I got:
I went with the 88mm hangers, but they are also available in 76mm (Same width as the O.G. Bennett Pros) and 99mm. It was between the 88's and 76mm, but I decided to go with the middle ground. I also got the Khiro set-up with the "towers," used for running the shorter Khiro barrell bushings rather than the stock red rubbers.

Upon initial inspection:
These are a very nice looking truk. The craftsmanship on the mocifications is top notch, particularly on the offset rear. These things look bombproof to me. The offset arms are both pinned and WELDED!!! That's right guys... welded! I looked at a 76mm one as well, and because it is so narrow, the arms have been welded to the bushing cup as well, adding even more strength! The hangers on both truks have been nicely faced after being milled down to the desired width, and the stainless steel axles are lathed to 8mm from 10mm leaving a hub beside the hanger so that speed rings are optional. These truks can be spaced out 10mm in width on each side for a total of 20mm, maybe more.

What I gotta say about how they ride:
I have them set up on an Axe II with Manx 69's, wedged as per the Brown Bomber from Sk8Kings (2 postive khiro soft wedges and a 1/8 flat in the front, and 2 negative khiro soft wedges and a 1/4 riser in the rear) . I've taken these for few runs on my street (I live on the prairies, so we are talking FLAT). So far they feel freakin sick!!! They pump really well and I was up to speed in no time. These truks respond VERY quickly, and have that really surfy Bennett feel. I haven't run any timed runs yet, but I can tell you I feel way faster than before, and with the added traction of that offset. I used to run O.G Bennett Pro's scored off of eBay. I've also ridden Tracker RTS/X, combos, Indys and Splitfires.

What I like most about these Truks:
Besides their killer performance, the SOUL that comes along with these truks! Bennetts were a killer truk back in the day, NOTHING turned like them. And these new truks possess the same soul as the O.G Bennetts, mostly because of their simplicity. In this age of modern slalom, other high end trucks have a very technical look and feel to them, which is rad, don't get me wrong! But it's nice to get the same performance, for me anyway, out of a simply designed, nostalgic feeling truk! I find that very refreshing, call me a purist!

My recommendation:

GET SOME!!!

Here are some pics:

Live to skate, SKATE OR DIE!!!

Luke Melo
Luke
Luke

Post by Luke Melo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:32 pm

very cool. thanks for the review
mmmmmmmm........... cookies :)