[Closed] 2010 Planning ahead

Scheduled Slalom Races

Moderators: Peter Pletanek, Tom Mangelsdorf, Steve Collins

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

[Closed] 2010 Planning ahead

Post by Eddy Martinez » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 am

www.txsizzler.com I am letting Jourdan Addler one of the Texas Outlaws run the Sizzler next year. He lives in Austin. This is his progress so far. I am proud to know him, and proud to call him a friend, team mate. with that said. Here is his progress this early in the game. I am also happy that we will be racing downtown Austin. That should be a rush. As far as Status. We are hoping for MAIN status again. To the board I just want you to know that the Texas Outlaws will continue to keep our sport alive with the hope that it will grow and prosper. We will continue to work hard on our event for next year. We will be running the TrakMate wireless timing system. Should interesting. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws

Pierre Hazera

Re: 2010 Planning ahead

Post by Pierre Hazera » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:37 am

Great

I'll be there for sure

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:19 am

Texas Sizzler for US Nationals 2010!

WAAAAAHOOO!('s fish Tacos!!!!!!)
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Karl spoke!

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:41 am

Hey Karl spoke and actually made sense! I think that's a great idea. Texas 2010!!!
La Costa Boy For Life

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm

We would be honored bros. We gathered today. Discussed budget. Are getting ready to guarantee, no paper checks. Cold hard cash. Just remember we open the slalom season in March. Limosine rides from the airport to the hotel. Welcome dinner. We are trying. We have so many ideas. Your Amigos The Texas Outlaws.

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:34 am

Eddy,

Where is our luggage supposed to go?
Everyone knows what you get in Texas when you order a limo!

Last edited by Cat Young on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

Post by Sam Gordon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:47 am

The Sizzler website already looks fantastic for 2010. Talk about prepared. What a great way to start!

Is there a race diary for 2010 so that we can plan what dates might be available? I'm hoping to run a bash at Hog Hill again, but need to book the track in good time.

And do a legion of sundances.

Sam

Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia

Post by Robert Sydia » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:16 pm

I am not going to miss it this year - book me in!!!!!

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:31 pm

I'm there, too!
Trish already said she won't miss this one either!

Nice job guys!!!

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:34 am

I'd be really happy if anybody who's aiming for certain date could post them. We're also planning.

Submit them!

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:14 am

The World Outlaw Championships
(The 10th and FINAL FARM - seriously, we are burning the ramps)
August 5-8th
30 miles north of New York City
Dual, GS, Vintage, Chinese DH <with LeMans start>, Kid's race for CA$H, meals, camping, beer, bands, and 150% more jack-assedry!

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

2010 Oregon State Games June 19-20

Post by Pat Chewning » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Oregon State Games will be held in Salem, Oregon, USA June 19-20 2010

Dual Hybrid, GS, Tight, and the Peter Ramirez Memorial Slalomcross.

Tom Mangelsdorf
Mangels
Mangels

Post by Tom Mangelsdorf » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:33 pm

The wiggle war is always locked in at 3rd weekend of June. June 19&20 in 2010.
Gravity is a terrible thing to waste.

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

British Open Slalom Championships 2010

Post by Sam Gordon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:23 pm

If this leads on to the 2010 Contest Calendar, then please pencil in this little number:

British Open Slalom Championships 2010: Friday 6th/ Saturday 7th/ Sunday 8th August.

In Laaandaaan, innit.

Please excuse the clashing dates with the Farm, but consider it an Extended Global Homage.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Re: British Open Slalom Championships 2010

Post by Rick Floyd » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Sam Gordon wrote:If this leads on to the 2010 Contest Calendar, then please pencil in this little number:

British Open Slalom Championships 2010: Friday 6th/ Saturday 7th/ Sunday 8th August.

In Laaandaaan, innit.

Please excuse the clashing dates with the Farm, but consider it an Extended Global Homage.
Bag the inflatable arch before it gets a mind of its own and kills somebody from Texas.
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

Arches

Post by Sam Gordon » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:32 pm

Helpful.

Actually these are prone to collapse, we did have an incident where the arch deflated without warning onto a competitor and were lucky that the outcome, although stressful, was not similar to that of my Pavel team mate Eddy.

We immediately ceased racing, made sure that the racer had the proper care and attention, and moved the arch to the top of the apex of the hill where it could be seen but not pose a potential threat to any of the competitors in the event. As you see in this picture, the arch is placed a good way behind the start line, so that it provides a back drop to the main occasion rather than dominating the event through possible failure.

Racing should be fast, dynamic and visual, but competitors' safety is paramount. The only risk that a racer should undergo is the self-imposed push of ability to a level of competitive comfort that might exceed one's typical expected limits. All risk should come from within, not without.

Rick, you are very welcome at any of the UK events, as is Eddy, the Outlaws and all skaters. We do try to structure the comp so that racers are pushed in ability, but that they also have the capacity to operate within a personal comfort zone, however extreme that might be.

All the best,

Sam
Last edited by Sam Gordon on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:37 pm

When is Paris. And deflating Arches well that is the past. I am alive and well. The only Arch I want to skate too. Is the Eifel Tower. Bring it on. If I am going to Europe BABY I am going to skate. Your Amigo Eddy Texas

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

Paris World Cup

Post by Sam Gordon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:55 pm

We'd like to see you in Paris too, Eddy!

Jani, any resumption on the French World Cup after last year's temporary hiatus? Paris is the event that really kick-starts the European slalom year.

Sam
Last edited by Sam Gordon on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Re: Paris World Cup

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:06 pm

Sam Gordon wrote:Jani, any resumption on the French World Cup after last year's temporary hiatus? Paris is the event that really kick-starts the European slalom year.
I think there are those that would like to make Paris happen again (even among the organizers), but I doubt there is enough volunteers to make it happen. I for one, will not be able to do much this time around. I would rather hope for a return in 2011. But who knows, the event is still on (ie the roller skaters and others) have maintained the dates and are running an event, so it wouldn't be too hard to get that side of things sorted.

/Jani

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:13 pm

What other slalom events are going on in Europe that an American can attend and participate. I promise I will not run into any parked automobiles. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:06 am

OMG Eddy.
You are funny. :)

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

We also allow Canucks

Post by Sam Gordon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Last edited by Sam Gordon on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Grenoble is definitely on next year 4:th edition. June 26-27.

Désaxé World Ride 2010!

Investigations are on for having Giant on Friday afternoon, so that may make it a three day event.

/Jani

(Post updated with exact dates and more precision...)
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:19 pm

I'd like to reserve June 4/5/6

or

May 28/29/30

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:00 pm

I just want to go and skate. Probably get knocked out in the first round. But I do not care. As long as I have fun. Paris is still on my mind. But now there are so many options. Europe here I come. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws Pavel/GOG For Life.

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:29 pm

I hope that we can create something that will get you up here too!

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:29 am

Looking forward to all the spicy Mexican Food from across the pond. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Amsterdam Slalom Series 2010

Post by Flavio Badenes » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 am

Amsterdam will hold the 4th Amsterdam Slalom Series 2010 in September 3rd,4th and 5th, 2010

and yes we will have Mexican food again! so Eddy another good reason to be in town.

Josef Stefka

Post by Josef Stefka » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:37 pm

700 cones World Ride - Hradec Kralove CZE July 24. - 25. 2010
Giant Slalom, Dual Tight Slalom, Long Hybrid Slalom
Men, Women, Juniors
asks for MAIN status

Ricardo Damborenea

Post by Ricardo Damborenea » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:24 pm

700 cones? seven-hundred-cones? Pls details!
Skate Hard While You Can

www.40sk8.com www.mossclub.es

Josef Stefka

Post by Josef Stefka » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:57 am

Yeeees, seven hundred !

Don't be afraid, it's together. Longest will hybrid three runs with 100 cones (max. by ISSA rules!) Details coming soon in November.

James Peters

Post by James Peters » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Even though the NCDSA forum is basically on life support, their Contest Calendar still seems to be an efficient place to keep these dates straight.

http://67.139.161.195/contests.asp?year=2010

Are we still going to use that as our primary sign-up and info space for 2010?

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:18 pm

I can't say for sure yet, but the Board of Directors has been discussing ideas for integrating a "one-stop" sign-up location either on this site or on slalomranking.com. It's just discussion right now, as other things are taking even higher priority, but I am hoping it can be worked in sometime soon. One other idea is for race organizers to have sign-ups on their race website; but I think not all organizers will have the time or energy to do that, so it'll probably remain only an idea.

James Peters

Post by James Peters » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:23 pm

Thanks Jonathan, since there's already 3 events listed over there I wonder if someone on the B.O.D. could make the executive declaration to delay this "one stop site" development to 2011 and for now just go with what works. I know the rest of ncdsa is pretty clunky, but the sign up pages have been tested for years and work well, not to mention they keep the history in perspective. That's just like, my opinion man.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:38 pm

James,

ISSA's calendar is not the same as NCDSA. Over there Adam has a service he provides for race promoters. I don't know if things are different but he used to charge to get a listing. What's more is even though NCDSA is slalom heavy, it's not a slalom exclusive calendar.

What we do on ISSA is list EVERY SLALOM RACE we know of around the world. It's all about racers being able to scan down a list and see what's going on everywhere, not just what's a sign up on NCDSA. There's many races in Europe, South America and Australia that just ignore NCDSA.

Yes, we've talked about incorporating a sign-up database in SS.com but it hasn't happened yet. It's a question of someone having the time to volunteer to do the work. I don't know how to do it. I don't know who does. Silverfish started a sign up in '07 for the Dixie Cup but I don't know how often it's been used since.

What Adam does and what we do overlaps but is not identical. I know it makes things a little more complicated for racers but I can tell you this: you will see races on ISSA you won't see on NCDSA but you won't see anything on NCDSA that's not over here.

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:28 am

As Wesley says, various places have been used for sign-ups. I have no particular preference for one site over another, unless/until one consistently stands out. In the past, NCDSA has been that site (in my opinion). This site isn't there yet, although if sign-ups could be done here, it would be kind of logical. There's currently no "official ISSA position" on any of this (and why should there be just yet? That's a tiny detail compared to other things we need to work on and are working on.). I really don't care where the race sign-up is as long as the people who want to race can find it. (That's just like, my opinion. :-))

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:33 am

For all of the races that I have been involved with, the NCDSA race calendar sign-up has been a good INFORMAL tool to predict approximate attendance.

It is not an "official" sign up because it lacks the mechanism for taking payment and for ensuring that the person signing up with a particular name is really that person.

Both calendars are useful for planning purposes and for advertisement of the event.

BTW: Listing on NCDSA is free, as long as helmets are mandatory (as they are with all ISSA events).

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:32 am

The vision is (still) to handle both calendar, event info, event registration and event results on www.slalomranking.com. It already has all the parts needed because they are needed for handling the World Ranking itself.

I just have to convince ISSA BOD of this and I don't know how many years it will take until they get it. But I don't hold my fingers for that happening anytime soon still. They did not even notice that the World Ranking was down all year long.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:47 am

Lets' move forward. No looking back. No more "what coulda/shoulda been". No more bad blood. I hope someone from the new ISSA BOD will contact Corky and discuss diplomatically what part www.slalomranking.com will, or can, have in progressing the sport forward - in it's current form or an altered/updated form. If it is too much for one person to administrate - and I believe it is, especially for free - then maybe a team effort can be made. I will offer my help in being part of that team.

I'd like to hear more detail and explanation of what Antonio is talking about - I know nothing about it, and I think he was just trying to be helpful. Lets keep it on the up and up boys and girls. :-)

-RF
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:26 am

Rick,

There is no "bad blood" between me and ISSA BOD. I'm just trying to make an effort to see if there is any motivation/plan for the ranking in 2010. It's no coincident I checked in to the slalom community at the end of the year to see what could be done for the 2009 ranking but as much to see if we could get something done for 2010. I will do my best to make it happen but if I can't see any steps in the right direction I'm afraid another year of ranking development will be lost.

I'm waiting for some sort of response from ISSA BOD. Nothing detailed, just to know where they want to go with the ranking and if there is any official vision/plan for all this.

I will do the same for 2009 main event organizers. Maybe they have some feedback that could help out.

I have done it already for the slalom community on this forum and are happy about the feedback I have got from that. At least we have one point "checked" there. I will lay out more of my ideas for you all also soon but want to give a chance first to have some feedback from ISSA BOD and event organizers.

Antonio Saluena
Antonio S.
Antonio S.

help

Post by Antonio Saluena » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:51 pm

I'm not in the BOD and not an organizer but i'll be glad to help! I think the ranking is very important for the slalom scene! I think your ideas are great Corky!

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:09 pm

Hans Koraeus wrote:Rick,

There is no "bad blood" between me and ISSA BOD. I'm just trying to make an effort to see if there is any motivation/plan for the ranking in 2010.
OK - "bad blood" was too strong a description...IMO, statements like "I don't know how many years it will take until they get it" could be taken the wrong way...not to say I don't understand your frustration, just suggesting a more pro-active tone.

I'm working on that myself! ;-)

Antonio - how does Excelmate export files that can be imported directly into the current ranking system? Or does it?

-RF

Daniel Gesmer
Seismic Skate Sys.
Seismic Skate Sys.

Post by Daniel Gesmer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:39 am

Rick Floyd wrote:Antonio - how does Excelmate export files that can be imported directly into the current ranking system? Or does it?
Marcus Seyffarth programmed ExcelMate to do only one thing: Move time data from the TrackMate timer to the Excel race database I programmed some years ago.
Dan Gesmer
Head of Seismic Skate Systems
Email : dan@seismicskate.com
Tel : +1 720-937-8948

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:19 am

...and to upload results live to an "alternative" ranking site that some anonymous guys run.

/Jani

Daniel Gesmer
Seismic Skate Sys.
Seismic Skate Sys.

Post by Daniel Gesmer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:...and to upload results live to an "alternative" ranking site that some anonymous guys run.
What? Really?
Dan Gesmer

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:04 pm

http://www.worldcupranking.com/ - that should be taken down. It's not good to have conflicting "rankings" if we are going to build the ISSA "brand". The rankings are based on mostly 2008 races too, with no new US 2009 results, only EU - making it appear outdated and incomplete. Not helping.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:19 am

The worst part is that the man behind it is in ISSA BOD itself. ;-)

That is why I want an official statement from ISSA what they are all thinking about.

And looking at the sponsors of that ranking says something as well I guess. If that is good or bad publicity is up to everyone to decide themselves.

Daniel Gesmer
Seismic Skate Sys.
Seismic Skate Sys.

Post by Daniel Gesmer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:22 am

Hans Koraeus wrote:I want an official statement from ISSA what they are all thinking about.

And looking at the sponsors of that ranking says something as well I guess.
Speaking for myself only, I see no need to create a second ranking system. And I am uncomfortable with the way it (www.worldcupranking.com) came about.

However, if there are any legitimate questions or concerns or suggestions about how Corky's (more-or-less official ISSA) ranking is tabulated, those should be considered and discussed.
Dan Gesmer

Judy Edmondson

Cathlamet

Post by Judy Edmondson » Sat May 08, 2010 2:33 am

I just read through this thread, and not to step on everyone's discussion of rankings and where event calendars should be listed, I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be two slalom races in Cathlamet WA this year. A tight slalom friday night 8-27-10 and a another looser less official slalom the following saturday afternoon. There are other board events too. The intent of the weekend is to get a lot of skating interests and demographics together to have a good time, and to raise money for the pathetic skate park the town has.
I'd love to see a stronger slalom representation this year, so please come on out!

http://www.cathlametcorral.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cathlamet ... 809?ref=ts

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue May 18, 2010 9:29 am

Topic closed, post new or updated race announcements as replies in the 2010 contest schedule topic. Once incorporated by Petr Platanek into the listing your posts will be removed.

Post North American events in the North American forum.
Post European events in the European forum.

Brazil and Australia, regions on their own have their own forums.

Thanks,

/Jani