Virage Long Distance Pumping Trucks

Virage Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Michael Stride

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Virage Long Distance Pumping Trucks

Post by Michael Stride » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:01 pm

We are now in a position to offer the new Long Distance Pumping Virage. For delivery in April.http://octanesport.co.uk/VirageLDP.htmlWe have been testing the Slalom Virages with spacers to get added width and sets have covered remarkable distances over variable terrain for the last month or so. Over 80 miles in a day on the Ultraskate under the feet of James Peters of Paved Wave (the equivalent of 1200 slalom courses! http://pavedwave.myfastforum.org/ and regular 13 mile commutes.

The LDP versions feature a 60/30 front 3" grade 8 kingpin. The rear is 5mm taller than the slalom version and 10 degrees less angled.

The hangers have been extended so with longer axles there is even more strength, and testing has shown that regular, off the shelf M8 socket bolts are perfectly adequate for riders who want to save a little cost, but not compromise performance too much.

Hangers are fully compatible with the Slalom versions. Mix and match.

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Paved Wave (James Peters) have been testing the Virage Slalom in the prototype LDP configuration over the last month or so, over 250 miles of hard riding. The L.D.P. version is due for release this week. Exciting times!

The review is here: http://pavedwave.myfastforum.org/The_Vi ... ut526.html

Great to see precision trucks lasting so well under testing conditions. And really good to have feedback that helped develop the new L.D.P. version.

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:15 am

The first batch of Virage LDPs are out and feedback coming in....Mark sent these pictures of a beautiful fast, slick, well built machine....(with a Porsche in the background).

From Mark in California...

I even had a chance to give it a few test runs. I'm impressed with how low the overall
height of the board is. Feels like I'm riding one of my slalom boards. I just put in a 1/4 inch
flat riser on both ends, yet no wheel bite with the Big Zigs. In fact I could even go a
little lower without wheel bite, if I didn't have concerns about board bottoming out in
the center. I've seen too many pictures of those ridiculously high LDP boards with all the
wedging. I'm glad I held out on getting an LDP until now. You did a great job designing
your baseplates with the correct angles.

The extra long kingpin up front works perfectly with a pair of Venom Eliminators and a small
conical Khiro. Full range of motion, yet no wheel bite on board or truck.

I must admit I had reservations about your reverse axle design at first, but I am a firm believer
now. Those wheels are mounted more securely than any of those other high end trucks.
Your design is PURE GENIUS!!